POSITION: Staff Accountant
REPORTS TO: Controller
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a staff accountant at the Cox Convention Center & Chesapeake Energy Arena. Under direct supervision of the Controller – Performs the daily activities of the accounting function at the facility and other duties as required by the Controller or Finance Director.
• Maintains fixed asset detail records; performs event settlements and event income (flash) reports.
• Preparation of facility financial statements and supporting schedules.
• Reconciles general ledger account activity, balances A/R and A/P control accounts to detail aging.
• Maintains cash balance records, reconciles cash receipts and disbursements to the general ledger.
• Performs monthly closing of general ledgers and completes the monthly accounting cycle.
• Accounts for facility financial transactions and inputs event journal entries.
• Assists A/R and A/P clerks with coding of receipts and disbursements into the general ledger.
• Performs monthly account analysis on all general ledger accounts and prepares adjusting journal entries.
• Performs any other functions delegated by leadership.
• Maintains and audits box office ticket sales reports.
• Coordinates internal and external audits of the facility financial records
• Maintains records for advanced deposits for events.
• On occasion, responsible for building event settlement – requiring attendance at events during events (evening, holidays or weekends)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience
• B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
• Some part-time or summer internship experience in a position with accounting responsibilities preferred, or similar combination of education and experience
Skills and Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of financial and cost accounting
• Knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software
• Excellent math skills and attention to details
• Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required
• Ability to interact with all levels of staff including management and clients
• Detail oriented
• Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS – The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific physical demands for this job include:
• Close vision for review of accounting information on a PC monitor, as well as, hard copy output.
• Manual dexterity for regular use of hands for typing and coding general ledger information is required.
• May spend long hours in sitting at computer viewing computer monitor.
• Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Cox Convention Center & Ford Center
One Myriad Gardens
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SMG World - 19 months ago