PURPOSE: Provides support with accounting functions to ensure the accurate and timely management of Sansum Clinic’s financial operations. Job functions will be modified and improved as necessary to promote a team effort.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Coordinates external and internal financial reporting including month-end and closings.
2. Prepares monthly reports, reconciliation of the general ledgers, and liability accounting.
3. Creates journal entries for a variety of accounting tasks.
4. May monitor and account for all fixed assets of Sansum Clinic, processes monthly depreciation, prepare annual fixed assets reconciliation/depreciation schedules and related account analysis for auditors, create annual budget for depreciation and new assets.
5. Assures accuracy of all financial accounting.
6. Provides information to the CFO by cost center.
7. Works with external audit and compliance. Creates audit schedules and prepares all payroll clearing account reconciliations.
8. Performs journal entry, review allocations, estimates and interfaces.
9. Identifies and resolves discrepancies.
10. Analyzes income and expenses.
11. Provides information and assistance on financially related projects and audits.
12. May be assigned to special projects on an as needed basis.
13. Maintains strictest confidence in accordance with Sansum Clinic policy.
14. Participates in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
Date of Listing
40 Hours Per Week
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and abilities of personnel placed in similar or the same positions.
> Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
> Knowledge of budgeting and of cost accounting principles.
> Knowledge of research techniques to analyze and interpret data, statistical analytical skills, legal and fiscal regulations, and computer accounting systems.
> Must be able to use ten key by touch.
> Ability to prepare statistical and narrative accounting reports.
> Ability to perform mathematical computations accurately and quickly.
> Ability to identify and compute ratios and percentages.
> Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness.
> Must be able to follow established protocols and to make reasoned judgments and conclusions based upon research and data.
> Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
> Minimum of three (3) years experience in accounting including one (1) year of accounting experience in a healthcare organization.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is that of an office environment typical of a medical practice, hospital or Clinic. The job requires extended periods of sitting, some standing, bending, stooping and walking and lifting.
Employee must pass the Sansum Clinic pre-placement physical screening exam.
Sansum Clinic - 23 months ago