We are Sittercity, a high-growth, fast-paced and dynamic web company founded in 2001. With over 2 million members nationwide, Sittercity connects families with pre-screened caregivers by providing detailed profiles with photos, parent reviews, background checks, up-to-date availability, references and caregiving experience. In fact, every 30 seconds Sittercity connects a family with a local caregiver that meets their unique needs.
We are seeking a staff accountant to join our finance team.
- Prepare month-end journal entries for review by the Controller
- Manage the AP cycle, including entering invoices, obtaining authorization for payment, and conducting weekly bill run
- Enter employee credit card transactions and collect receipts
- Enter daily cash receipts and reconcile with daily revenue reports
- Perform quarterly balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare financial reports as needed
- A Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of work experience
- Proficiency with Excel
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a changing environment
- Solid understanding of US GAAP
- Experience in the tech industry a plus
Sittercity operates in a casual and fun environment in the River North neighborhood of Chicago. Perks include weekly on-site fitness classes, unlimited healthy snacks, weekly team lunches and quarterly outings. In addition, we offer a very competitive benefits package include Health, Dental, Short/Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) and three weeks of paid time off to start.
Sittercity is a Recipient of the 2014 Work-Life Seal of Distinction Award from the Alliance for Work-Life Progress.
Sittercity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law. Sittercity participants in E-Verify and background checks all employees.