The Staff Accountant will be responsible for all cash activities surrounding SonoSite Inc’s, Corporate General Ledger.
He or she will play a major role in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process including preparing journal entries, performing account reconciliations, and assist in the preparation of PBC’s for SonoSites Inc’s external audit firm.
The Staff Accountant should have a strong cash application background to prepare the Oracle Cash Reconciliation, Cash Forecasting Model and cash balance monitoring. This person will also help implement and enforce rules and processes related to the Oracle Chart of Accounts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Preparation of journal entries and reconciliations
- Performing account analysis
- Perform the Oracle cash reconciliation daily, along with research, journal entries and follow up with AP/AR to clear open items
- Daily clearing of ACH and Positive Pay exceptions from the bank
- Serve as the point person for questions/issues surrounding cash application
- Code, post and audit all P- Card Statements
- Preparing all monthly binders and filing the support
- Assist with quarterly review and the annual audit process, including preparation of PBC’s
- Assist in ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Support the General Ledger team through ad hoc data collecting, reporting, analysis and special projects as assigned
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials, especially around GL functionality
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle Cash application
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, Vlookups etc) and Word
- Experience working with databases and exposure to a report writer tool
- Strong communication skills
- Highly motivated with the desire and skill set to move up in the finance organization
SonoSite is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
- Experience with Oracle FSG’s and ADI (Application Desktop Integrator)
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in a multiple company environment.
- Ability to lift 25lbs with or without accommodations