Spatial has an open position for a strong, team oriented and dependable full-time Staff Accountant to provide financial and administrative support to ensure the general ledger, accounts payable, travel expense, fixed assets, and sales and use taxes are recorded accurately and timely.
The Staff Accountant position reports to the Sr. Finance Manager and is responsible for providing accounting and administrative services to the finance organization and other functions across the company. This includes processing, reporting, and monitoring payables and expenditures and supporting the monthly close process. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that expenses are accurate and up to date, vendors, suppliers, and employees are paid within established time limits, sales tax is registered and reported properly, and supporting accounting documentation is prepared and filed appropriately to support accounting transactions.
General Ledger Accounting: Prepare journal entries in accordance with GAAP and IFRS. Prepare month-end financials using Microsoft FRx. Upload monthly close figures into consolidation software and reconcile to local chart of accounts. Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and research variances.
Accounts Payable: Perform the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner. Document accounts payable procedures and company policies. Main responsibilities include verifying employee expense reimbursement approvals to process for timely payment, preparing checks and wires, coding vouchers, maintaining the fixed asset system, and processing year-end 1099s. Other duties may include the calculation of sales commissions and partner royalties.
Intercompany Accounting: Reconcile intercompany accounts receivable and payable. Work with internal partners to resolve any differences.
Fixed Asset Accounting: Track and record all fixed asset acquisitions and disposals. Develop fixed asset policy and research specific questions as needed.
Sales & Use Tax: Existing expertise should be used to analyze invoices and payables to implement a sales and use tax compliance strategy as follows:
- Identify and register states where the Company has nexus
- Identify products and/or revenue where sales tax should be charged
- Implement a reporting plan, process, and timeline to ultimately minimize any sales and use tax risk
- Maintain proper records, analyze, and report sales and use tax as required by law and management
- Stay up to date and educated on all current and new laws with respect to sales and use tax
6. Perform other related duties as required.
- 2+ years related work experience
- Sales/Use Tax expertise preferred
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel and Outlook
- Softrax Financials or similar accounting system experience preferred
- Experience with online banking platforms is preferred
- High integrity, strong work ethic, and excellent communication skills
- Ability to diligently seek out proper approvals for payments and ask questions when anything is suspect
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong attention to detail and proven methods of consistency
- Must be open to additional responsibilities and teamwork ethics
- Accounting degree or equivalent course work is preferred
Spatial Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Confidentiality will be respected. Excellent salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in pursuing this position with Spatial Corp., please send a cover letter and resume noting the position that you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spatial Corp. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard