Responsible for month-end close procedures for Property Accounting and Corporate Accounting, including the preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and analysis of financial results
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures for property accounting.
- Evaluate transactions and record to the GL as necessary to ensure the financials are accurate and complete.
- Create and process journal entries.
- Prepare bank account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Perform general ledger account analysis as needed.
- Assist with property accounting maintenance activities.
- G/L system maintenance (opening/closing periods, adding new accounts).
- Regularly use Excel spreadsheets, database and word processing software, and periodically learn new software programs.
- Monitor and analyze reports, research financial and provide explanations for such variances.
- Ensure the fixed asset general ledger accounts are reconciled to the fixed asset module in Great Plains.
- Prepare schedules for the income tax department, the property tax departments, and for internal and external reporting requirements.
- Ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
- Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills and listen carefully.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
- Will work non-traditional hours as needed.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Other daily, weekly, monthly or special project duties as identified and defined.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS:
- Minimum of two (2) years of accounting experience, oil and gas experience a plus.
- Prior use and experience with Great Plains Accounting Software a plus.
- Prior experience with fixed asset or plant accounting a plus.
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency level in MS Office applications that may include but are not limited to: Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers (for travel).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal and written.
- Capable of working independently and with limited supervision.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be very detailed oriented, self-motivated, a team player and able to work on/handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Must be able to perform all essential and marginal functions of the job.
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from management, adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks with strict deadlines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to type, touch, handle, or feel. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Travel to operating locations and regional offices required as needed but minimal.
- The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, including credit report for certain positions, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, & ABILITIES (above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position):
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.