POSITION TITLE: Staff Accountant, Tustin, CA, Salaried / Exempt
REPORTS TO: GL/Finance Manager
The Staff Accountant will provide high level of support and service to all divisions across the western United States. The position will be responsible for General Ledger and Financial Reporting functions, including but not limited to month-end close, journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and financial statement production. This position is a critical and integrated member of the Corporate Accounting team. The successful candidate will have previous related accounting experience, such as general ledger, financial systems, financial report generation, balance sheet reconciliations and journal entry processing.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the monthly financial close, including journal entry processing and general ledger account activity review to ensure financial statement accuracy and adherence to accounting policies as required.
- Produce monthly financial statements and other internal and external reports as necessary.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations; apply technical knowledge and judgment to ensure accuracy of accounts and timely resolution of reconciling items as required.
- Demonstrate understanding of internal controls and segregation of duties required to drive implementation of best practices.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires 3 years of related accounting experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrate and model company values with internal and external customers.
- High level of interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage timelines and deliverables.
- Strong customer service expertise.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to be flexible and work in dynamic, fast-paced environment managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to effectively work with employees at all levels in the organization and across all functions.