Responsibilities include scheduled tasks and project based assignments in support of the VEIC accounting function. Standing accountabilities include various month-end/quarterly reconciliations to ensure quality control within the accounting cycle, annual audit preparation, general ledger maintenance and documentation. The Staff Accountant must be committed to accuracy and familiar with mid-size accounting software packages and fiscal procedures.
Interested candidates are asked to email their cover letter and resume to email@example.com .
1. Responsible for various month-end reconciliations to ensure quality control within the accounting cycle.
2. Assumes responsibility for additional tasks in support of the overall functioning of VEIC’s accounting department:
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations for VEIC bank accounts.
- Reconciles general ledger asset and liability accounts.
- Reconciles job cost and general ledger account balances.
- Reconciles Unbilled Revenue and Deferred Revenue general ledger accounts.
- Prepares standardized journal entries as directed.
3. Supports Accounts Payable function while ensuring proper separation of duties across department staff.
- Completes external requests for staff wage/salary verifications.
- Prepares on going and ad hoc financial analysis and reports as needed.
- Assists Controller with ensuring proper compliance of Internal Control, including:
- Documentation of internal control processes and procedures.
- Maintenance of all department policy and procedures manuals.
4. Provides support to the activities of VEIC, as necessary, to accomplish organizational goals and objectives. On an as needed basis, assists with other tasks and functions within VEIC’s Finance department.
- Acts as resource to Accounts Payable Accountant to resolve discrepancies and/or disputes with vendor invoices.
- Prepares Adjusting Journal Entries.
- Executes Accounts Payable debit and credit memos.
JobsInVT.com - 19 months ago