Perform Staff Accountant Duties for Washington Dental Service and its affiliates. Ensure timely preparation, analysis and reporting of financial data that supports organizational timelines as it relates to internal and external reporting requirements.
The Staff Accountant will report directly to the Finance Manager, and will be expected to work closely with the operating departments and other functional areas for which he or she interacts on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Balance Sheet Reconciliations: perform all general ledger account reconciliations which include cash accounts. Resolve reconciling items and variances each month.
· General Ledger: prepare and record routine general journal entries and month-end accruals
· Expense Analysis: routinely review and analyze general ledger accounts for appropriateness and accuracy. Report and regularly communicate with departmental managers regarding expenditures and variances against budget.
· Financial Reporting: assist and support Senior Accountants in preparing and evaluating financial statements.
· Corporate Banking: monitor bank accounts and process daily transactions.
· Intercompany Transactions: evaluate general ledger accounts and ensure appropriate transactions are cleared through related entities each month.
· Intercompany Billings: prepare monthly invoices for related entities per active service agreements.
· Expense Reimbursement: routinely review Concur expense reports, process files for payroll and upload expense details to general ledger.
· Business Taxes: prepare all B&O and personal property tax returns.
· Financial Audits: assist organization as necessary with external and internal audits.
· Accounts Payable: as necessary, learn and support position as a secondary backup.
· Payroll: as necessary, learn and support position as a secondary backup.
· Other Duties; as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Understand intermediate principles of accounting and financial analysis.
· Proficient in Windows, Excel, and Word.
· Experience with financial accounting systems.
· Manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
· Detail oriented, perform duties with high level of accuracy.
· Work well in a team environment; yet be self-directed in work and time management.
· Be responsive to internal and external customer needs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related business field; or five years’ experience in the accounting field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Written and verbal communication skills should be clear and concise. Possess the ability to read, analyze, and comprehend instructions common to financial statements, invoices, financial reports, and regulatory documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal or external customers. Be able to effectively present information to staff and management team.
Ability to perform intermediate mathematical operations.
Ability to conceptualize accounting problems and implement solutions. Be able to define problems, collect necessary data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to find, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Washington Dental Service - 10 months ago
- 5 days ago
Pacific Science Center
Pacific Science Center
- 3 days ago
- 8 days ago
Washington Dental Service, a member of the Delta Dental Plans Association, is the leading dental benefits company in the state of...