Wayfair is one of the top 5 fastest-hiring companies in Boston. We are featured on many Best-Of lists, including Glass Door’s Top 20 Places to work in the US and Best Places for Work/Life Balance. We are a progressive technology company looking for the very best and brightest entering the workforce. With a commitment to community service, executive transparency and an open concept office in the heart of the Back Bay, we are your best choice for a fun, high-growth Career. We have on-site yoga, season tickets to all Boston-based pro-sports teams, and social groups for bookworms, techies, gardeners, gamers, bowlers, basketball players… you name it. As a Staff Accountant, you would specialize in a specific area of our GL analysis and become a subject matter expert. From kayaks to couches, from kitchen tools to candleholders, this is the place to shop and work. Join us!
The Wayfair Controller's Team is currently looking for a talented Entry Level Staff Accountant, preferably with a Bachelor's Degree or coursework in Accounting or Finance. Applicants must possess strong organizational and communication skills, be thorough and detail oriented, and dedicated to facing the challenges of our rapidly growing and diversifying organization. This role involves review of our daily cash transactions and ensuring that all corporate expenses are properly recorded in our internal purchase ordering system.
We are looking for an immediate-fill for this role so please only apply if you can start within one month.
- Update key members of management with daily cash balances and fluctuations
- Record daily cash transactions to the general ledger
- Record daily Paypal transactions and monitor activity within accounts
- Maintain organization of corporate accounts payable mailbox
- Ensure corporate expenses are properly approved, recorded, and supported in our purchase order system
- Work with members in the finance department to ensure approved purchase orders are paid in a timely manner and classified appropriately in our general ledger.
- Assist with year-end audit
- Special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Team oriented
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Interest in working hard, being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it!
Wayfair, founded in 2002, is the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and house wares in the United States. The company owns and operates Wayfair, AllModern, and Joss & Main. Wayfair ended 2012 with over $600 million in revenue and currently employs over 1,200 employees in offices located in Boston (HQ), Utah (Customer Care & Distribution), Kentucky (Distribution), the U.K, Germany, Ireland and Australia.
Wayfair was named Private Company of the Year by Mass Technology Leadership Council, and selected by Glassdoor.com as a Top Company To Work For and Top Company For Well Balanced Life, and #16 on Forbes list of America’s Most Promising Companies. It's a great time to join and help build the next great ecommerce company!
Wayfair is located in the Back Bay section of Boston, MA.
Visit our Site: http://www.wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: http://engineering.wayfair.com/
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/WayfairInsider
Check out our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/therealwayfair
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an...