The Staff Accountant is responsible for booking daily transaction activity, bank reconciliations, analysis of accounts receivable and other ledger accounts, preparing audit schedules, coordinating and performing month end closing policies and procedures, and financial statement preparation. This position will assist the Accounting Manager as needed using GAAP principles of accounting to ensure compliance and accuracy of all financial activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Reviews and posts batches from Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Prepares daily and monthly bank reconciliations for multiple bank accounts.
- Prepare daily cash forecasting reports.
- Responsible for specialty billing segment activities.
- Prepares tax forms such as quarterly fee reports, sales tax returns, and use tax returns.
- Ensures completion of month-end duties including:
- Assists in the reconciliation of all sub-ledgers including Accounts Payable Accruals and Accounts Receivable as required
- Balancing Accounts Payable Aging to the general ledger by company; includes researching and preparing analysis of any discrepancies
- Reconciles all cash accounts and makes appropriate journal entries
- Enters journal entries
- Perform monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Responsible for prepaid amortization, fixed asset depreciation, and revenue recognition entries
- Prepares analysis on account variances as needed
- Researches and provides conclusion on accounting issues
- Assists in month end closing and financial review
- Assists with physical inventory count as needed
- Assists with internal and external audits.
- Be an active and supporting team member of the accounting department providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- 4-5 years of experience within a corporate accounting department
- 2-3 years of Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) experience required.
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
- Ability to communicate with all levels of people in a manner that illustrates superior professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for dealing with clients, peers, other departments, and senior management.
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects to successful conclusion.
- Analytical ability to research and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to use logical methods to address problems and develop effective solutions.
- Ability to identify developing problems and take immediate corrective action as needed.
- Must have advanced attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize information in a clear and concise manner.
- Must have expert level knowledge of all desktop computer applications such as MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Reader.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a variety of situations.
- Ability to multitask and possess excellent time management skills.
- Must be able to work independently as well as support and contribute to team goals.
This position is in a typical office environment that requires prolonged sitting in front of a computer. This position requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate standards office equipment including operation of standard phone, fax machine, and copier.
WellDyneRx - 20 months ago