Staff Aide (Technology Support Services Department)
Job Code: G-004-13
Opening Date/Time: Fri. 12/14/12 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: Tue. 01/15/13 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $45,753.00 - $55,677.00 Annually
Job Type: Classified Staff
Location: Golden West College, California
Department: Golden West College
FLSA: Non-exempt position, eligible for overtime compensation.
DEFINITION: Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, to perform highly skilled secretarial and paraprofessional work in support of a department; to perform complex clerical duties requiring independent judgment and discretion; and to perform general administrative work as required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
a. Perform a full range of simple to complex clerical functions involving the use of considerable independent judgment, and an understanding of departmental functions and procedures.
b. Prepare information needed for budget development and maintain budget records.
c. When assigned, undertake and carry forward a variety of projects requiring considerable independent judgment and initiative.
d. Monitor personnel assignments and initiate a variety of related forms and documents.
e. Assist in the preparation of departmental reports by gathering and summarizing information from a variety of sources.
f. Answer routine letters and inquiries independently.
g. Confer with District personnel, department personnel, clients, and vendors regarding assigned projects and may make recommendations based on findings.
h. Set-up and attend meetings as required, including preparing agendas, taking minutes, and distributing copies of minutes.
i. Assist in maintaining calendars and arrange meetings, workshops and conferences; assist in planning and implementation of conference participation; make travel arrangements, maintain travel files, and process travel reimbursements.
j. Set up and maintain filing systems and other clerical procedures.
k. Order and maintain an inventory of supplies and products.
l. Use modern office equipment, including computers for a variety of office tasks, such as word processing, spreadsheets, database applications, data backup, and statistical report generation.
m. Perform a wide variety of tasks at same or lower level as needed, and perform other related job duties as assigned.
1. Standard office equipment and procedures, including ability to use computers for word processing, reporting, record keeping, and other typical office/clerical tasks.
2. Applicable federal, state, and District regulations.
3. English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
4. Business math and simple statistics.
5. Principles of record keeping.
6. Composition and report writing.
7. Basic administrative practices of the assigned area.
8. Read, understand, analyze, and apply complex written materials.
9. Type at an acceptable rate of speed.
10. Gather, compile, and analyze data.
11. Make accurate observations and obtain objective information.
12. Make detailed and accurate calculations.
13. Prepare and present reports in tabular, written, graphic, pictorial, and oral form.
14. Plan and organize work to meet deadlines.
15. Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
16. Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
17. Demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, cultural, disability, religious background and sexual orientation of community colleges students, faculty, and staff.
18. Understand and apply policies and procedures, including applicable federal and state regulations.
19. Completion of at least one year college level course work.
20. Minimum of two years experience analyzing and making recommendations for the resolution of problems of organization, procedure, budget, and personnel, or in a highly responsible technical/secretarial capacity, involving frequent customer contact.
21. Or, any combination of education and experience that would provide the required qualifications.
Conditions of Employment:
- Proficient with Excel, Word, Visio.
- Ability to quickly understand various technical systems.
- Vendor relation expertise.
- Service maintenance agreement tracking and ensure payment on time.
- Understanding of HR processes (e.g. time cards, 160 day, evaluation dates, etc.).
- Understanding of board item submission process.
$45,753 (Step 1) - $55,677 (Step 5)/Annual
Salary Range E-48
Pay Philosophy: Starting salaries for support staff positions begin at Step-1 of the salary range. Employees hired prior to April 1 of each year will move to the next step on the upcoming July 1. Employees hired on or after April 1 of each year will move to the next step the following July 1. All movement on the salary schedule will occur July 1 of each year for all classified employees.
This is a regular, full time, 12 month per year position. The normal hours of work are to be arranged between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The effective date of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Applications must be received no later than the posted closing date. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.
Once you have completed an electronic application, you may apply to open positions within the Coast Community College District by submitting the application and all other required materials. Required materials differ for each open position and must be complete when submitted for a specific posting. Instructions for completing applications and applying to posted positions are available online or by calling Applicant Processing at (714) 438-4714.
All application materials become the property of the Coast Community College District and will NOT be copied or returned. Information for TDD users is available by calling (714) 438-4755. APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for employment you must submit a complete application packet. A complete application packet includes:
To ensure consistency and fairness to all applicants, please do not submit materials in addition to those requested. Additional materials will not be considered or returned. Be sure to complete all questions and sections of the application. For questions which may not apply, indicate "n/a" (not applicable). If you do not know an answer, please indicate so, but do
- Classified/Management Employment Application.
- Cover Letter highlighting your qualifications for the desired position.
- Current Resume.
- Answers to supplemental questions.
not leave any space blank.
All applications will be screened under a process of utmost confidentiality by a committee of representatives from the college community (reference Board Policy 050-1-1). Please note: Possession of the minimum qualifications does not ensure an interview.
Any documents that you are unable to attach can be faxed to (714) 782-6065. Faxes must clearly indicate the job you are applying to and your name.
Disability Accommodations If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources by calling (714) 438-4714 OR (714) 438-4713.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A detailed list of physical demands and work environment is on file and will be provided upon request.
For more information and to apply visit: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cccd/default.cfm
Coast Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
ccjobsnow.com - 18 months ago