Staff Assistant, Benefits Coordinator
Human Resources and Payroll Office
Professional Non-Unit Position, Danvers Campus
The Benefits Coordinator is responsible for communicating and educating the College community about benefits. The position will provide exceptional customer service to the Colleges internal staff and external agencies. The Coordinator will also assist in department activities and projects relating to benefits and general HR duties.
Serves as a resource for employees with regards to benefits, workers compensation, EAP, disability accommodation, FMLA, MMLA, and other leave request.
Responsible for new hire benefits orientation and annual open enrollment.
Oversees benefits administration including Group Insurance Commission (GIC) annual open enrollment program.
Ensure accurate record keeping and proper benefits deductions.
Actively coordinates periodic fairs and presentation to educate employees about insurance plans, financial/retirement planning and fringe benefits.
Responsible for managing FMLA leave (monitor, tracking and compliance with policy).
Serves as agency liaison with Human Resource Division, State Retirement Board, Group Insurance Commission and Workers Compensation.
Responsible for administering and maintaining union classification studies requirements.
Responsible for survey and data submission (i.e., MCCC request, compensation surveys, DOL surveys, iPEDS, etc.).
Ensure compliance with state and federal laws as they relate to benefits (HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, Section 125).
Oversee requirements of collective bargaining agreements including, performance evaluation process and tenure review process.
Maintain current knowledge of trends and practices in the area of benefits and compensation.
Develop, maintain and review benefits policies/guidelines.
Assist with departmental research and special projects.
Serves on various College committees as appropriate.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO : Director of Human Resource Development
- A Bachelor's Degree, plus three years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough working knowledge of benefits related regulations and practices.
- Experience with an integrated Payroll/HR system such as HRCMS or similar system.
- Experience working collaboratively with Payroll.
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
- Ability to run queries from data warehouse to retrieve specific criteria.
- Experience conducting individual and group training.
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks with varying deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems.
- Ability to manage new initiatives and streamline department process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Successful experience interacting with culturally diverse populations.
- Ability to travel to meetings, seminars and training opportunities as needed.
SALARY RANGE : $43,000 to $50,000, commensurate with experience and education
STARTING DATE : June 2013
North Shore Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on basis of race, creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, and national origin in its education programs or employment pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 151B and 151C, Title VI, Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title IX, Education Amendments of 1972; Section 504, Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Americans with Disabilities Act, and regulations promulgated there under, 34 C.F.R. Part 100 (Title VI), Part 106 (Title IX) and Part 104 (Section 504). All inquiries concerning application of the above should be directed to Thanh Giddarie, Director of Human Resources, Affirmative Action Officer, and Coordinator of Title IX and Section 504, at 978 739-5470, 1 Ferncroft Rd. Danvers, MA 01923.
Submit resume and cover letter. Resume review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
North Shore Community College - 15 months ago