This is a full time, non-unit, exempt position.
The successful candidate for the position will be highly visible in the community and charged with coordinating institute initiatives.
The candidate for the position will provide administrative support in connection with the institute's activities such as office services, records control, agency personnel services, and logistical support for staff and visiting entities. The candidate will also compile and analyze data concerning the operation of the institute, prepare reports, develop and maintain relationships with institutional departments and outside agencies, and perform related work as required.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Executive Director of Pedro Pires Institute for Cape Verdean Studies
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Graduate Assistant and Student Employees
1. Provide planning assistance in the areas of budget and strategic direction.
2. Coordinate all committee work and serve as liaison for the institute.
3. Responsible for meeting facilitation; serve as a department representative and point person for various initiatives.
4. Review process and procedures to assess effective strategies for improving office functions, make recommendations and implement changes.
5. Responsible for data maintenance and reporting.
6. Manage the day-to-day operations of the Office of the Pedro Pires Institute for Cape Verdean Studies.
7. Coordinate special events and activities hosted by the Pedro Pires Institute for Cape Verdean Studies.
8. Manage event details including arranging rooms and facilities, audio visual, food service, publications, print material and related web site pages.
9. Provide administrative support to the director.
10. Perform related duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Minimum of 5-8 years office management experience.
Demonstrated cultural competence and the ability to work with and be respectful of individuals with diverse backgrounds.
Experience managing and planning events as well as office operation.
Ability to make independent decisions that are guided by department practices and policies.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Knowledge of MS Office suite.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
Ability to communicate effectively in English, Portuguese and Cape Verdean verbally and in writing preferred.
Knowledge of Cape Verdean culture and traditions.
Familiarity with regional and international dynamics of Cape Verdean communities.
Experience in dealing with customer service in challenging environments.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Items other than resume or letter of interest that applicants must submit
- This position is subject to a background check.
All (Internal and External candidates)
Pay Rate (Applicant View)
Commensurate with qualification and experience.
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Application Types Accepted