Part-Time 19 Hours, staff union level 0, hourly. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Financial Aid. The Staff Assistant is responsible for maintaining the PowerFaids data base. Organizes all documents and ensures that they are placed in the file/correct location. Employee is responsible for clerical administrative tasks and serves as back up for front desk coverage and phone support. The position requires the ability to protect and maintain confidentiality of data communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - Reviews documents received by mail or at the front desk and checks for completion. Returns incomplete documents back to student with instructions.
- Ensures financial aid documents are accurately inputted into PowerFaids system.
- Manages the flow of all financial aid documents.
- Provides back up support for front desk and phone coverage.
- Assist students with the completion of required financial aid forms and applications.
- Manages on and off site storage of student files including,
- Determines files to be destroyed based on Federal regulations
- Boxes and catalogs files to be shipped to offsite storage facility.
- Monitors all files shipped and recalled form offsite storage facility.
- Ability to follow directions and complete tasks accurately and accept supervisory input and constructive criticism.
- Behavioral requirement of treating fellow employees, students, and the institution’s guests with civility, and to refrain from actions that disrupt the efficient functioning of the college.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: - Prepares letters and packets for mailing.
- Assists in outgoing call campaigns; deadlines reminders, loan delinquencies notifications and other notifications as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: - Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational abilities and written communication skills.
- Candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively, patiently, and sensitively over the phone, in person, and by e-mail.
- Qualified applicants must be able to relay accurate information.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to multi-task is essential.
- A passionate commitment to the mission of the College.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk, hear, and effectively communicate with others in person and in writing. The employee is required to be mobile. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to see others and read documents. This job requires the employee to spend lengthy periods of time performing computer assisted work. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE: High school diploma/GED required, BA/BS preferred, minimum 2 years office clerical experience. Experience in financial aid /student financial services preferred.
Cambridge College - 9 months ago
Staff Assistant III
- 3 hours ago
EXECUTIVE STAFF ASSISTANT
Massachusetts General Hospital (GHC)
Massachusetts General Hospital
- 5 days ago
- 10 hours ago