The Staff Assistant provides administrative support to all aspects of the OEDK facility and programs. This position is responsible for providing administrative support for faculty and staff, financial support, and event and program support. Typical duties include but are not limited to: greeting visitors, reconciling purchasing card expenditures, tracking and monitoring budgets, answering inquires, and assisting in the coordination of logistics for events and programs. This position has significant undergraduate student interaction. This is a part-time, 30 hours per week position, Monday to Friday.
HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience may not be substituted for the education requirement.
Experience working in an office with some experience in any of the following areas:
- Providing administrative support to management
- Basic accounting
- Basic bookkeeping
May substitute additional related education, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis in lieu of the experience requirement.
Other Skills Required
- Must have intermediate to advanced level of skill in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have good time management and organizational skills.
- Must be service-oriented.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a diverse group of activities on a daily basis despite multiple interruptions and to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to remain calm and professional under pressure.
- Ability to take initiative, willingness to tackle projects, and have good follow-up and follow-through.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a positive and helpful attitude during times of stress.
Associate's degree or higher.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Experience with accounting or budget management.
- Event planning and coordination.
Other Skills Preferred
- Familiarity with accounting systems highly preferred.
Ability to move about campus, occasional lifting (up to 25 pounds) is required to move tables for refreshments or meetings, and the ability to work in front of a computer for up to 8 hours a day.
(e.g. Weekend/evening work, travel, inclement weather, hazards)
Little or no travel outside Houston is required. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be necessary, typically only a couple of times per year.
$12.79 - $16.59
Job Posting Category
Eligible for Overtime
30 hours per week, Monday through Friday; specific hours flexible.
Eligible for Shift Differential
Not Shift Differential Eligible
Rice University - 20 months ago
You have to be as wise as an owl to attend Rice University, and have really good SAT scores. Often referred to as the "Ivy League of...