Serve as staff assistant and project coordinator to Director of Special Initiatives and Senior Project Associate working on special projects/initiatives. Work with Events Manager on signature events and independently manage smaller private events.
Bachelor’s degree required. One year of professional administrative or research work experience in a fast-paced, challenging work environment. Proven ability to work with senior level executives, both internal and external.
Microsoft Outlook (to include the calendar feature), Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Organizational skills with high level of attention to detail and follow-up. Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to interact with all levels of internal and external stakeholders. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of highly sensitive information. Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
45% Staff Assistant for Program Special Initiatives
45% Staff Assistant for Global Cities Initiative
- Serve as project coordinator for program wide special initiatives/releases/events by coordinating team meetings (including calendaring and logistics); preparing meeting agendas; preparing follow up memos; be sure teams are aware of and meet deadlines; preparing project calendars and plans with assistance from managers.
- Coordinate office wide planning calendars.
- Track and coordinate follow up activities that include tracking activity & impact after initial release dates, writing post project/event reports and follow up with key project stakeholders.
- Lead Events and Special Initiative teams on list clean up, development and management in coordination with the Program and Brookings central communications staff.
10% Administrative/Research Assistance
- Take a lead role on the production of briefing books for domestic and global forums, including coordinating, some writing, tracking deliverables, and working with relevant vendors on layout, production, and distribution.
- Support Senior Project Manager generally on preparation and follow up activities for all domestic and global forums, including building lists; drafting correspondence; writing briefing memos; and assisting with other background research and writing as needed to support the project.
- Serve as project coordinator, under direction of Senior Project Associate, in the standing up of “Mini GCI” events as envisioned to be an extension of our current GCI work plan. These duties could include planning briefings and travel; as well as coordinating involvement by MPP staff and/or scholars.
Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications for the position will be considered. Successful completion of a background investigation is required for employment in this position. No phone calls please. Brookings welcomes resumes from all qualified applicants, particularly women and minorities.
- Assist Program, Special Initiatives, Events, GCI on administrative duties, as assigned.
- Assist with general MPP research when assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
The Brookings Institution - 17 months ago
The Brookings Institution may know an egghead or two (or 300). The non-partisan public policy organization is comprised of more than 300...