Education/Training: A B.S. or B.A. degree in a related field of study normally required; specialized bank auditing education and training; obtain and maintain appropriate Bank Product Knowledge Certification.
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; demonstrated proficiency in interpreting, analyzing, and reporting financial information; PC knowledge, including word processing and spreadsheets; visual and auditory skills; valid driver's license.
Experience: None if in possession of above stated degree, or a minimum of two (2) years’ related experience normally required.
Responsible for performing various audits and for performing administrative duties to support the audit function; achieving goals as established in the Audit Department's annual operating plan; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; complying with operating policies and procedures established for the audit function; communicating with appropriate personnel; responding to inquiries or requests for information.
1. Performs various audits and administrative duties to support the audit function of which the following are illustrative:
a. Examines all functions to be audited and reviews general operating efficiency and adequacy of controls.
b. Measures the attainment of objectives and adherence to internal controls, regulatory requirements, bank policy, etc.
c. Visits departments and community offices in order to perform all audit procedures as assigned; these audits may be related to commercial banking, electronic data processing, compliance, trust, etc.
d. Conducts audits on a timely basis and in accordance with the schedules established by the supervisor.
e. Interprets the results of audit work performed and determines internal control weaknesses; prepares findings and recommendations.
f. Makes presentations of findings and/or suggestions to supervisor or other appropriate group as directed; reports any and all risk areas as determined from audit activities and from professional judgment and training.
g. In performing the internal audits, follows all audit policies and parameters established in the audit program.
h. Ensures that, during the audit, banking operations proceed as normally as possible.
i. Maintains on-site control over all asset and liability records, cash, collateral, safekeeping items, etc., until audit is completed.
j. Works with external regulators and auditors as deemed appropriate by the Audit Manager.
k. Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
2. Achieves goals assigned to the Staff Auditor I as part of the Audit Department's annual operating plan.
3. Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
4. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
5. Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
6. Communicates with management and staff personnel in order to integrate goals and activities.
7. Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from other bank personnel, customers, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
1. Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
Second Floor, Main Office
Various outside locations
3. PC/Computer keyboard
6. Fax machine
7. Copy machine
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free