- Perform Accounting System Reviews, Overhead Audits, Contract Compliance Audits, and Financial Statement Audits
- Complete and document detailed audit/review steps in compliance with departmental and professional standards
- Keep audit management informed on a timely basis about the results of the audit/review.
- Prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, manage ambiguity, and work under tight time deadlines.
- Demonstrate understanding of GAAP and audit/review procedures across assignments.
- Work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
- Develop an understanding of MHM audit/review approach, methodology & tools.
- Perform analytical review of audit/review documents.
- Review client accounting and operating procedures and systems of internal control.
- Identify accounting and auditing issues; perform research to solve issues that arise.
- Exhibit a professional, business-like demeanor.
- Conduct all phases of the audit including planning and research, risk assessment, fieldwork, reporting of findings, and other procedures as required
- Demonstrate excellence in communication skills, data gathering, analysis, reporting, and process improvement
- Maintain thorough electronic documentation
- Up to 50% travel required (primarily GA, VA, DC, and MD)
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, both in writing and verbally.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Ability to keep supervisors apprised of progress and problems and review timely to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks on time and within budget.
- Ability to recognize accounting and/or auditing issues while working on assigned areas and bring them to the attention of the in-charge on the engagement.
Education, Experience and Required Skills:
- CPA Certification required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Similar field
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive audit experience
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in GAAP
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, project management, communication skills and solid Microsoft Suite skills required.
Ability to provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties
MH Miles Company, CPA, PC (MHM) is a certified public accounting firm with offices in Decatur, Georgia, Richmond, Virginia, and Washington, DC. Our firm and its affiliates consist of certified public accountants, management consultants and support staff who have substantial experience in serving commercial concerns of all sizes, non-profit organizations, and governmental organizations.
Our most important objective is to provide quality, efficient, professional personalized services to our clients. We specialize in providing services to four distinct industries: Transportation, Nutrition, Education, and Not-for-Profits.