- Perform Accounting System Reviews, Overhead Audits, Contract Compliance Audits, and Financial Statement Audits
- Complete and document detailed audit/review steps in compliance with departmental and professional standards
- Keep audit management informed on a timely basis about the results of the audit/review.
- Prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, manage ambiguity, and work under tight time deadlines.
- Demonstrate understanding of GAAP and audit/review procedures across assignments.
- Work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
- Develop an understanding of MHM audit/review approach, methodology & tools.
- Perform analytical review of audit/review documents.
- Review client accounting and operating procedures and systems of internal control.
- Identify accounting and auditing issues; perform research to solve issues that arise.
- Exhibit a professional, business-like demeanor.
- Conduct all phases of the audit including planning and research, risk assessment, fieldwork, reporting of findings, and other procedures as required
- Demonstrate excellence in communication skills, data gathering, analysis, reporting, and process improvement
- Maintain thorough electronic documentation
- Up to 50% travel required (primarily GA, VA, DC, and MD)
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, both in writing and verbally.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Ability to keep supervisors apprised of progress and problems and review timely to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks on time and within budget.
- Ability to recognize accounting and/or auditing issues while working on assigned areas and bring them to the attention of the in-charge on the engagement.
Education, Experience and Required Skills:
- CPA Certification required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Similar field
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive audit experience
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in GAAP
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, project management, communication skills and solid Microsoft Suite skills required.
Ability to provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties
Recruitics - 22 months ago