At the core of IT's challenges is a perennial cycle where the majority of budgets are consumed maintaining existing systems, leaving little to reinvest in growing the business. However, an increasing number of IT organizations leverage cloud to break this cycle and unlock resources to fuel innovation for the business. Cloud computing empowers IT through flexible, automated infrastructures, new on-demand service models and new levels of IT efficiency.
Prepare complete estimates for assigned projects of small to large size and complexity either directly or along with other team members.
- Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man hour figures.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid or post-bid meetings, to determine scope of work and required content of estimate.
- Prepare estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to particular bid/project as assigned.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimates figures.
- Interface with owner, A/E, and other contractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility.
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned - may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits; procuring material, etc.
Cepheus Technologies' experienced professional services project managers can serve as the cornerstone for all of your IT projects ranging from data migration, server virtualization, performance assessment and optimization, server consolidation, storage consolidation, data security, disaster recovery, business continuity and remote management. Our project managers are backed by an experienced group of design and development engineers.
- Combination of technical training and/or experience
- 0-2 years estimating, cost control and/or engineering experience in construction industry
- Advanced knowledge of estimating techniques and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems essential
- Emphasis in geo-technical construction a plus
Cepheus Technologies (CephTech) - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard