Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
SUMMARY: Responsible for the day to day delivery of legal services to YLA’s operational and corporate divisions. Primary duty is legal review of contracts and legal documents and negotiation of contract terms. Assists VP Legal with special projects on an as needed basis, including litigation support, compliance and employment issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Reviews contracts and other legal documents for legal issues and compliance and adherence to company policy.
· Supports outside litigation and, as needed, assists in ensuring compliance with production of documents pursuant to discovery and court orders.
· Remains current with industry related legislation, regulations and judicial decisions and identifies industry legal trends to facilitate contract review and legal advice to Company executives.
· Performs research and analysis on behalf of the legal department into issues and projects being handled by the legal department.
· Conducts, as needed, factual investigations for the legal department.
· Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Law degree from nationally recognized and accredited law school program. Maintenance of current license to practice in the State of Tennessee and adherence to the highest ethical standards is required.
Three to eight years’ law firm or legal department practice in commercial, business, business or contract litigation and/or transportation law is required. Experience in the transportation industry is preferred.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.