This ambitious open source ‘big data’ startup needs a staff Curriculum Developer with programming experience – or an ex-Developer who can write – to design, create, and optimize instructor-led, remote/virtual, hands-on technical training labs and self-study materials about their Hadoop-based products. Later on, they expect to add certification exams, videos, and e-Learning content.
You’ll project manage course development and delivery, and refine your content by participating in beta and train-the-trainer (TTT) sessions as well as co-teaching your classes to internal audiences.
If you can read and understand Java code, have programmed (in any OO language), and think you have a flair for explaining complex technology to busy developers, this role might be a good fit. The instructional materials you create will help programmers become productive with Hadoop, the Apache open-source framework for big data.
The right fit for this role has the assertiveness, curiosity, and technical depth to figure out which audience needs which training content – then research, organize, and deliver it. Your technical skills matter more than your communications expertise; this company considers the latter teachable.
You’ll work onsite in San Jose gathering information from local and remote SMEs in Development, Product Management, Sales, QA, and Support, as well as by using the product. You’ll team up with one other Course Developer who’s familiar with the products and can help you fine-tune your content.
This is a staff/salaried, fully onsite job offering a competitive salary, full benefits, bonuses, and pre-IPO stock options. The company is willing to sponsor a visa for a non-national, and will relocate the right candidate to the Bay Area. Relocation assistance will be via a sign-on bonus (with one-year retention requirement) rather than pre-payment or reimbursement.
- Working knowledge of Java or system administration
- Familiarity with Linux
- Conceptual understanding of data storage technology
- Sound knowledge of instructional design and curriculum development methodologies (or a performance-oriented background such as ToastMasters or mentoring)
- Sharable, relevant course materials and reachable references
- Full-time availability
- Ability to work onsite in San Jose, CA (traveling at your own expense)
To apply :
- Familiarity with Hadoop and/or big data ecosystem components
- Experience designing and developing student/instructor guides, interactive self-study learning materials, certification questions, and/or practical lab activities
- Degree in Computer Science or similar technical domain
Please visit contentrules.com/apply , citing “SCD-356″ in the Job Code field.
Note : Content Rules has many content-development opportunities with SF Bay Area technology companies. Visit www.contentrules.com/jobs for details.
Content Rules - 15 months ago