Deliver dental hygiene services to patients of the Advanced Education in General Dentistry program in the College of Dentistry.
12 months chairside dentistry experience
Special instructions to applicants
Required Applicant Documents
List of References
Letter of Interest
1. Dental Hygiene. Performs dental prophylaxis, topical fluoride application, and oral hygiene instruction. Places sealant, administers local anesthesia and nitrous oxide analgesia.
2. Sterilization. Prepares instruments for sterilization. Sanitizes instruments in attempts to control infection. Cleans and sanitizes units after patient treatment.
3. Radiograph Processing. Exposes and processes radiographs.
4. Scheduling. Schedules appointments and calls patients to confirm. Assists office staff with patient recall system.
5. Emergency Response. Responds to emergencies and assists with first aid procedures.
6. Charting. Updates patient charts and performs periodontal charting.
7. As Needed. Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Dental Hygiene. Will accept an Associate's Degree in Dental Hygiene and 24 months Dental Hygiene experience in lieu of the Bachelor's Degree.
Required Certifications, Registrations, or Licenses:
These requirements may be imposed by federal, state or recognized accrediting agency as a prerequisite of employment
Current license to practice dental hygiene issued by the State of Oklahoma Board of Dentistry.
Required Skills and Proficiencies:
Please list the skills and proficiencies needed to perform the essential duties and responsibilities
Valid Driver's License Required:
Hiring contingent upon background check
OU Medical Center - 12 months ago
OU Medicine is the collaboration among OU Medical Center, The Children's Hospital, OU Medical Center Edmond, OU Physicians, OU...