National Instruments Hardware R&D Organization is seeking talented Staff Digital Hardware Engineer for 2013 openings. In this role, you will enjoy challenging work and the unique opportunity to take ownership of products and be involved in all aspects of the product development cycle, including design, prototyping, development, testing, and manufacturing production. Hardware design engineers at NI find that our relaxed and stimulating work environment, which includes working in small feature-focused teams, fosters the type of engineering innovation that leads to our many award-winning products.
You will perform complex design tasks (analog, digital, and/or mixed signal), and ensure that designs meets their technical specifications and business goals. NI Digital Hardware Engineers may work in a variety of different project and product areas, including data and image acquisition, instrumentation, communications, embedded CPU, motion control, and embedded circuits.
Core Job Responsibilities
• Perform research to define, specify, and develop products
• Implement and test designs through CAD and synthesis software tools
• Test designs using a hardware prototype
• Develop software for testing the product and work with NI software engineers to implement system-level and other software integration
• Diagnose and debug technical challenges with products or problems arising when your products interact or integrate with other NI products
• Facilitate support required from Engineering Services (drafting, layout, mechanical design) and other R&D groups, Manufacturing, Product Marketing, and other departments to ensure successful development and timely product release
• Provide technical expertise and training to Applications Engineers, customers, or any other person as required for others using and supporting your products
• Share your expertise/technical knowledge and advise others on computer and electrical engineering technologies, programmable logic, and circuit design
• Lead team to develop product documentation
• Review and approve product specifications and customer user documentation
• Provide technical expertise and training as needed to AEs, Product Support Engineers, Technical Writers, customers, or others who use and/or support your products
Please Note: National Instruments does petition for H1-B (H1-B transfer) and TN status for this position.
• B.S. or M.S. in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, physics or physics engineering with minimum overall GPA of 3.2 for B.S. and/or 3.5 for M.S.
• Min. two years related work experience with expertise in:
o Digital hardware design & programmable logic design
o Synchronous design elements, incl. flip-flops, timing diagrams, and state machines
o Programmable logic design incl. VHDL or Verilog, synthesis, and design simulation techniques
o Electronics, computers, computer architectures, and interfaces
o Sequential/combinatorial logic
o Memory technologies and processor interfaces
o Programming in C, C++, LabVIEW, assembly language, & others
• Experience in analog design
• Passion for learning about & working with digital, analog, and other computer technologies
• Demonstrated ability to:
o Apply diagnostic insight to identify technical problems,
o Propose viable options, and implement successful technical solutions.
o Quickly learn applicable technology, systems, and products
o Work independently and also work effectively in a team development environment
o Take initiative; persistently drive tasks and projects to successful completion
o Take ownership of goals and schedules; manage time well
o Enjoy problem solving
o Grasp and engage in fast-paced technical conversations
• Strong work ethic and drive to succeed
• English Language Competency and effective communication skills-can clearly and effectively communicate in English, so that you can understand others and so that others can understand you clearly, particularly in technical conversations
Employ Your Imagination at National Instruments
National Instruments (www.ni.com), a technology pioneer and industry leader in virtual instrumentation for 37 years, delivers LabVIEW graphical software and open, modular instrumentation hardware for design, simulation, control, test, and manufacturing. Engineers and scientists in hundreds of industries use flexible, high-performance NI products to create reliable user-defined systems throughout the product design cycle to reduce time to market and lower development costs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, NI has more than 6,200 employees worldwide and direct operations in more than 50 countries. For the past 13 consecutive years, FORTUNE magazine has named NI as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" in America. Glassdoor.com also recently named NI as one of America's "Best Places to Work," and BusinessWeek included NI in its "Best Places to Launch A Career" list.
National Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer an excellent work environment, and a competitive and well-rounded compensation and benefits package, including an on-site medical clinic; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(K) with NI match; profit sharing; restricted stock plan; employee discounted stock purchase plan; on-site fitness center and wellness program; and much more.
National Instruments Corporation is a supplier of measurement and automation products that engineers and scientists use in a range of...