MRIGlobal currently has an exciting opportunity for an Staff Electrical Engineer. Work will include design, fabrication and testing activities. This position will also support extended design and development activities within the Engineering group. Tasks may vary widely.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering plus a minimum of six years of relevant experience; or M.S. in related field plus a minimum of three years of relevant experience; or Ph.D in related field.
- Experience in a laboratory setting.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Software and the ability to learn new software.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with technical staff at all levels in a team-based environment.
- Experience working with common construction/repair tools, wood work, or other examples of working with your hands.
- Ability to think critically and creatively, and work independently and cooperatively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- This position will require extended travel and occasional work on weekends and evenings.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Security Clearance
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience with programs such as MATLAB, C+ and/or Labview.
- CAD capabilities
- Experience in Prototyping of mechanical/electronic systems.
- Test instrumentation use and maintenance
- Good understanding of physics and sensors to convert properties to electrical signals;
- Good understanding of control systems and actuators;
- Good overall electro-mechanical proficiency;
- Understanding of electrical diagrams, schematic capture, electrical wiring (hands on experience), soldering, power distribution and power budgeting;
- Systems control , data acquisition, and data processing (digital signal processing);
- Programming in PC environment (C, C++, Labview, Matlab);
- Understanding of embedded programming of controllers and single board computers;
- Ability to design and implement algorithms and to implement them in different development environments.
- Understanding of Communications – serial, network protocols, wired and wireless;
- Troubleshooting skills for electrical systems
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
MRIGlobal - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Founded in 1944, our company has built a reputation for innovation, technical excellence, and problem solving.
Born out of the desire to...