Patrick Engineering is currently looking for a motivated new graduate to join our Rail team as a Staff Engineer. He/she will be given the opportunity to get involved in projects with the major railroads.
The Staff Engineer will work in project teams under the direction of experienced civil engineers and project managers. Work assignments will be completed with training and mentoring by experienced senior staff. The goal is to allow the Staff Engineer to continually progress professionally. Part of this role may include overnight travel to field sites and interaction with the internal and external project team.
Through mentoring and coaching, you will learn the professional aspects and business of civil engineering and the application of the fundamentals learned at the University. You will be part of a team of civil engineers working on infrastructure projects. You will be afforded the opportunity to visit the field to gather information for design as well as inspection and observation of project under construction. We recognize the value in you seeing the finished work product. This is truly a professional services environment where you will be working with bright, successful, motivated individuals who are proud to be engineers.
- Performs design calculations under the direction of experienced engineers.
- Preparation of plans, estimates and specification for rail projects.
- Organizing and participating in field data collection in support of design, evaluation, and management projects.
- Performs construction observation and documentation on rail and road project sites.
- Preparing client presentations for technical projects and reports.
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering (rail focus) from an accredited university.
- MicroStation or AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Excellent technical communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and invest in professional development.
Patrick Engineering - 4 months ago