Based in Burbank, CA, near all of the major Hollywood studios, Dolby's Image Technology research group has an ideal environment in which to understand and contribute to the science of motion pictures. Our work on digital cinema accelerates growth of the creative solution space by relaxing constraints. This, in turn, drives a need and opportunity for innovation on tools that provide maximum artistic control.
We work collaboratively in small teams to invent and develop digital image processing algorithms and tools that extend the creative intent of movie directors, cinematographers, and post-production artists. At the same time, our tools generate metadata to improve support for distribution of content via broadcast, networks and packaged media. For this position, the team is focused on tools to create the next generation of cinema experience. In order to characterize and solve the related problems, we utilize our knowledge of the fundamental principles of signal processing, computer graphics, computer vision and the human visual system in conjunction with an understanding of motion picture production workflows. The emphasis on foundational theory provides a basis for stronger patent protection.
Opportunity to publish results that have been protected by patent.
- Work as a member of a team to identify and develop applications and features that ease the creative process for next generation cinema.
- Develop metadata capture tools for cinema production, in order to maximize fidelity for home and mobile content.
- Collaborate on novel solutions and patents for the problems underlying cinema content creation.
- Help to develop proof of concept demos and prototypes.
- Provide documentation and guidance while helping to productize new applications and features.
- Opportunity to work on the fundamental problems related to motion imaging quality
- Degree in CS, EE, or related field. M.S. preferred. Ph.D.is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience showing significant contribution to innovation in cinema tool production
- Strong programming ability in C/C++
- Knowledge of motion picture or animation digital production workflows
- Knowledge of plug-in APIs like OpenFX
- Experience in image signal processing, computer vision, or related area is a plus
- Research experience related to perception and the human visual system
- Portfolio of patents and publications is desirable
Dolby - 10 months ago
Dolby Laboratories, Inc. develops and delivers products and technologies that improve the entertainment experience. The Company’s tech...