The Environmental Monitor/Forester position is predominately a field assignment overseeing large transmission line construction projects. Work entails pre-construction constructability reviews, inspecting land clearing and road building contractors to ensure that best management practices (BMP’s) are followed and that the project is compliant with all Federal, State and Local environmental permits and citing requirements. Other responsibilities include: public outreach regarding construction and vegetation removal, pre-construction resource mapping using GPS, field checking contract drawings, overseeing final restoration work, which will include meeting with landowners to discuss replanting.
Additional responsibilities include:
This position will be initially be located in the Akron, Ohio area. Position requires short term or extended travel up to 100% of the time.
- daily tracking of completion of tasks and proper documentation
- management of data within Contract Manager (Project electronic database)
- daily interface with various field and office personnel to verify compliance, obtain approvals, reviews and responses in a timely manner
- perform field evaluations and management of sub-contractors performing field work
- some contact with the client to coordinate document reviews, schedule updates and other project deliverables
- track key performance indicators for citing and permitting compliance
- other duties, as assigned
A Bachelor's degree in soil science, biology, forestry, or environmental science is preferred. An Associate’s Degrees and equivalent years of field experience is acceptable. Minimum of three years of experience on construction sites is preferred. Required certifications include at least one of the following: Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC), Sediment and Storm Water Inspector (SSWI), Certified Compliance Inspector of Storm Water (CCIS), State Certified Forester, State Certified Arborist or similar certifications. Experience with coordination of construction schedule among various parties is a plus. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with various levels of staff and personality types is a must.
Travel required for short and long term assignments to multiple locations as assigned.
Yes, 100 % of the Time
Burns & McDonnell - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
At Burns & McDonnell, we believe in the power of an entrepreneurial dream. It’s how we began, in 1898, when Clinton Burns and...