This position will provide Engineering expertise principally to the Midstream engineering department. Experience with project management, economics, process simulation, hydraulic simulation and compression modeling software is highly desirable.
Eight or more years of experience with oil and gas facilities, gas processing plants, gas pipeline and compression operations, design, construction, and/or technical support. Strong communication and team building skills and proficiency with standard office software such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are required. A good knowledge of industry codes and standards, environmental regulations, and safety regulations is beneficial.
- Develop and assist in the justification of AFE’s for assigned projects. Measure actual costs against projected budgets and report variances to necessary personnel. Manage all projects in a manner consistent with Anadarko’s operating philosophy. Identify potentially hazardous conditions and design facilities that will protect employee and public safety, and company resources.
- Develop the technical scope of assigned projects to ensure that it meets the requirements of the company while complying with governmental regulations and industry standards. Secure necessary permits for project implementation and assist in developing/maintaining good relationships with regulatory agencies and the public.
- Manage project staff and assigned work activities and personnel in a manner that maximizes expertise and encourages employee development. Select and manage project vendors/contractors to ensure optimum project execution within the project scope and constraints while maintaining project safety and regulatory compliance.
- Provide technical support, assistance, and direction to project staff, operations, and other company departments. Support operations, field staff and other Anadarko groups in preparing capital budgets and developing project economics. .
- Analyze, justify, design and support the installation of new gas processing and treating projects, compression facilities, gathering systems / pipelines, automation / communication systems.
- Analyze, evaluate, and troubleshoot new or existing gas processing facilities, gathering through process simulation using software such as Promax or Hysis. Rate and size specific processing equipment such as separators, heat exchangers, fractionation towers, pumps, etc.
- Analyze and evaluate gas gathering systems using hydraulic modeling software, data acquisition, SCADA, and Operators' input to optimize throughput and performance. Develop, analyze, and recommend system modifications for performance improvements.
- Analyze compression performance (volumetric and financial) to optimize gathering system performance. Recommend changes, upgrades and equipment swaps to increase performance, minimize maintenance requirements and reduce operating expenses.
Bachelor of Science Degree; Chemical, Mechanical Engineering or MBA preferred, other disciplines may be considered with appropriate experience.
Grade and salary will be commensurate with relevant education and experience.
The following certification is required for this position None required, EIT or PE are a plus
This position is eligible for domestic relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is up to 50%
This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation - 20 months ago
Anadarko Petroleum has ventured beyond its original area of operation -- the Anadarko Basin -- to explore for, develop, produce, and market...