Dish Anywhere, a division of EchoStar, is looking for a Staff Front End Engineer in our Superior, CO office. We are looking for someone who is first and foremost passionate about technology, application development, and delivering solid code. We're looking for people who love continually learning, and who are comfortable mentoring others and being mentored so we can share each other’s strengths in order to continually make dishanywhere.com a better application.
Headquartered in Englewood, CO, EchoStar is a billion dollar company with over 5,000 employees worldwide and more than 25 years of experience designing, developing and distributing award-winning television set-top boxes, services and related delivery products for television. EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and digital TV solutions that enhance today's home entertainment lifestyle. It’s wholly owned subsidiary, Hughes, is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband for home and office, delivering innovative network technologies and managed network services for enterprises and governments in more than 100 countries.
Among the many offerings of this combined powerhouse in broadband data and video are HughesNet®, the market's #1 high-speed satellite Internet service; Sling Media's award-winning SlingLoaded® technology; Move Networks' adaptive bit-rate streaming technology; and Troppus’ software suite that combines a Client Application, an Agent Application and a powerful Semantic Knowledge Management System.
Duties and Responsibilities
Additional Details Benefits of the position:
- Looking for a self-starter, flexible, and tenacious developer to continually add new sizzle to Dish Anywhere’s front end by enhancing Dish Anywhere’s backbone/jquery front end.
- Developers with 3+ years of front-end development using ajax, javascipt, jquery, or similar libraries. Ideal developer also has backbone/marionette or equivalent experience.
- Able to interface easily with restful services
- Comfortable translating stories into new features and defining/updating new endpoints with backend team
- Have 5+ years of experience with backend services development in one or more of the following technologies: Ruby on Rails, Java, C#. Also the developer must understand SQL and have some DB experience.
- Comfortable doing TDD and have experience with a unit test framework, preferably Jasmine
- Incentive revenue sharing plan
- Medical, Health Savings Account, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending options and Employee Assistance Plan
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Training opportunities
- FREE DISH Network Satellite TV System and Programming
- FREE Hughes Network Service
- 50% Discounts on Sling technology and service
- Corporate discounts for retail and personal travel
- Opportunity for a level of responsibility that could take years to reach in other companies
- The Dishanywhere.com team is a small and passionate team located in a satellite office in Superior, CO. We believe in and follow the Agile process. Hiking/Biking trails are accessible from the office parking lot, and private showers and lockers are available to all team members. We are a mix of standing desk converts, old school sitters, young guns, and original gangsters. We welcome all.
EchoStar - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
EchoStar provides satellite services for video transport and digital cinema distribution. Whether delivering multichannel digital services...