Currently the fifth largest producer of natural gas in the United States, Southwestern Energy Company is a growing independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production within North America. We are also focused on creating and capturing additional value through our natural gas gathering and marketing business, which we refer to as Midstream Services. Visit SWN.com to learn more.
Working at Southwestern Energy
Southwestern Energy produces and provides energy to our world. It’s a commitment that has motivated our employees for more than 80 years. Every day w e are explorers and producers , working to discover innovative new ways to fuel the future. Our culture demands creativity and innovation, and we foster this by building programs and procedures that make our company and industry better. We give employees, including new hires, the opportunity to be a contributor from the first day on the job. It’s important to us to create a rewarding and inclusive work environment. We reward team and individual performance, in addition to offering our employees competitive compensation and benefits. We support our employees with opportunities to participate in ongoing development training and support groups.
We are at the forefront of several significant projects, including the Fayetteville Shale and Marcellus Shale plays. In fact, Southwestern Energy was the first to discover the economic viability of the Fayetteville Shale and is the largest producer of its natural gas. In a few short years, we achieved two significant milestones – total gross operated production of 2 Bcf per day and surpassed 2 Tcf cumulative gross operated production. In the Marcellus, our gross operated production reached 300 MMcf at year-end 2012. Our work is also well known in the Arkoma Basin in Western Arkansas, East Texas, and we have exploratory efforts in the Brown Dense, located near the Arkansas-Louisiana border, Colorado’s Denver-Julesburg Basin, Utah and New Brunswick, Canada.
We are currently looking for a Staff Geologist for the Houston, Texas office to work in the Fayetteville Shale Division on the Projects Team. This Team is responsible for implementing projects and knowledge transfer that will further the understanding of the Fayettville Shale.
- Provide geological expertise as a part of a multi-discipline Projects Team.
- Identify and investigate opportunities for optimizing reservoir recovery and performance incorporating well log and seismic correlation, image logs, petrophysics, mechanical properties, reservoir and production data.
- Provide technical support and knowledge sharing for the Development Team and Operations Geoscientists.
SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
- Masters degree in a Geoscience preferred.
- Minimum 10 years industry experience in oil and gas exploration and production with an emphasis on the development aspects of the business.
- Unconventional resource experience.
- Practical experience in reservoir evaluation integrating well log and seismic data, core, petrophysics, reservoir engineering analyses and production data.
- Ability to work within a fast paced, multi-discipline team environment.
- Experience with SMT Kingdom software (2D/3D, EarthPak) or other comparable software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a regular, full-time basis without restrictions.