Staff Geoscience Analyst
Role: The Senior GEO Analyst, Geoscience Applications Support is responsible for all matters related to support and training for proprietary and vendor geoscience applications. This includes providing end-user mentoring and training, trouble shooting and problem resolution, vendor coordination, and testing / certification of new software releases.
Reporting Relationship : Manager, Geoscience Solutions
Duties / Responsibilities: The Senio
r GEO Analyst, Geoscience Applications Support will be responsible for:
· Efficient and effective management of the geosciences application portfolio.
· Developing and effective delivery of end user training
· Providing monthly lunch and learn meetings on specific user requested topics.
· Testing new software releases.
· Coordinating new releases with vendors.
· Providing technical guidance to Geo-technicians.
· Participation on E&P applications governance board.
· Ensuring consistent administration of technical project files.
· Facilitating knowledge transfer and information sharing across the enterprise.
Key Skills / Competencies
· Excellent, in-depth knowledge of SMT Kingdom suite.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Geoscience or Engineering with 10+ years experience managing geosciences applications for large independent or major oil and gas firms.
· Excellent team and individual leadership skills.
· Strong customer orientation with experience in dealing effectively with employees of many disciplines (geoscience, engineering, drilling, and IT).
· Strong, personal commitment to change.
· Creativity to improve processes and results.
· Demonstrated skills in the development of new and innovative ideas and strategies to solve business problems within a strategic framework.
· Initiative to pursue tasks, goals, and opportunities with persistence and perseverance.
· Courage to act, and the ability to set clear and meaningful goals for self and team.
· Influence to create champions and build support with peers, customers, and supplier-partners.
· Ability to make decisions and set direction in an environment of ambiguity and conflicting information.
· Excellent communication skills.