Geotechnical Engineering |
Fugro Consultants, Inc. has an immediate opening in the Norfolk, VA office for a Staff Engineer.
Staff engineers perform geotechnical engineering, engineering geology and/or environmental studies for infrastructure, energy, ports and harbors, transportation and industrial projects. Staff level professionals work under the general supervision of senior professionals.
- Gather and interpret data and make professional judgments with guidance from senior professionals.
- Perform all phases of project execution including drafting proposals, site exploration and laboratory assignments, analysis, report preparation and construction observation.
- Make technical recommendations with guidance from senior professionals.
- Work independently and efficiently to complete assignments and meet client commitments in a timely and accurate manner and within budget constraints.
- Participate in and support continuous improvement of the company’s processes, including but not limited to the Fugro Consultants, Inc. safety program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with a geotechnical emphasis with 1 – 3 years of related experience is required.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.
- Understanding and knowledge of geotechnical engineering technical requirements, field data acquisition procedures, soils and various testing procedures.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to resolve technical issues relevant to the job.
- Proficient in office and technical software applications.
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal to include communicating in a professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with clients, peers and supervisors.
- Possession of a valid, unrestricted California driver's license and must have an acceptable driving record.
- Applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, background check and physical.
- Ability to procure a passport and be available for domestic and international travel for extended fieldwork assignments. This position will likely require a significant amount of international travel.
- Must be able to routinely lift and carry 40-50 pounds of equipment.
- May be required to take and complete Offshore Survival Training.
what we offer
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
Benefits: Full benefits package including health benefits and a generous 401k match.
To be considered, please reference job number and job title in cover letter.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax resume to (805) 650-7015,
Send resume to Fugro Consultants, Inc. 4820 McGrath St., Ste. 100 Ventura, CA 93003
Attn: Human Resources, RE: Staff Engineer/Ventura
Fugro - 17 months ago