ARA is seeking a full-time staff human factors engineer in the Atlantic City area.
Our staff human factors engineers conduct studies in human/machine interaction, equipment/facilities design, environmental design, and human performance assessment. Design experiments and usability testing, as well as conduct data collection and analysis of behavioral data. Participate in finalizing project deliverables and writing of technical reports.
Staff human factors engineers execute project lifecycle activities (planning, development, execution, termination), develop work breakdown structures, and develop PERT/CPM critical path data.
ARA embraces the core values of passion, freedom, service, and growth. We provide a working environment in which highly qualified technical professionals can pursue their specialties with a maximum of support and a minimum of bureaucracy. These individuals form a network of colleagues with complementary capabilities, similar goals, and a willingness to cooperate on challenging and important technical problems. We strive for long-term associations among our staff and with our clients.
- Master’s degree or higher in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Psychology, or related discipline with an emphasis on human factors and cognitive sciences.
- 3-5 years of related work experience, including: Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Conducting research to develop methods of understanding factors affecting human performance in aviation environments, to evaluate longer-term operational concepts affected by human cognition, and to develop useful databases and design standards that recognize the effective interaction of human interaction with aviation systems.
- Developing human performance information used in reducing human error and in improving pilot, critical decision processes, critical task analysis, inspector, maintenance technician, air traffic controller, and system technician task performance to ensure the safety and efficiency of aircraft, airport, and air traffic control operations.
- Conducting human factors simulations, cognitive task analysis, critical decision making, demonstrations, field studies, proof of concept studies, and other studies including systems integration.
- Working knowledge of commercial project management and data analysis software.
Applied Research Associates, Inc - 14 months ago
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is an international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically excellent...