Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSTR), voted one of FORTUNE's '100 Fastest-Growing Companies', is a leading provider of automated retail solutions offering convenient services that make life easier for consumers and drive incremental traffic and revenue for retailers. The company’s core automated retail businesses include the well-known redbox ® self-service DVD rental and Coinstar ® self-service coin-counting brands. The company has more than 33,300 DVD kiosks and approximately 18,900 coin-counting kiosks in supermarkets, drug stores, mass merchants, financial institutions, convenience stores, and restaurants.
For more information, visit www.coinstarinc.com
While the Internal Audit Department reports directly to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, it is also part of Coinstar’s Risk Management function. This position is responsible for conducting risk based audits of financial, operational, compliance and strategic activities designed to provide independent and objective assurance to the Audit Committee and management on the design and operating efficiency and effectiveness of the Company’s internal control environment, and risk management and compliance programs. This position will also perform SOX compliance activities and reports to the Senior Manager, Internal Audit.
The risk based audits will primarily cover redbox, but will also include corporate, Coinstar, and new ventures. Opportunities for advancement exist within Internal Audit as well as corporate finance and accounting, Coinstar and redbox finance and accounting, new ventures and operations.
Summary of Key Responsibilities :
Preferable Qualifications & Experience :
- Assist in preparing audit programs, planning of audit engagements and the setting of audit objectives.
- Perform audit procedures in accordance with written programs or verbal instructions.
- Prepare audit work-papers, documenting results of tests performed.
- Identify, understand and assess testing exceptions and control deficiencies.
- Develop recommendations and solutions through collaboration with Internal Audit Team members and our clients.
- Interpret and determine compliance with company policies and procedures, industry, government, and accounting rules and regulations to specific situations.
- Prepare clear, concise written reports on results and findings.
- Follow-up to ensure effective remediation of audit findings and recommendations.
- Assist in the assessment of Internal Audit specific processes and provide process improvement recommendations.
- Assist in the implementation of an audit management tool (e.g. TeamMate, Paisley).
- Establish effective business partnerships with applicable key client stakeholders.
- Continue to develop and enhance technical and communication skills, and knowledge of our business.
- Demonstrate a commitment to our core values: Humility, Integrity, Communication, Accountability, Respect and Dedication.
In addition to a rewarding career, Coinstar offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website at www.coinstar.com/jobs
- BA/BS in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- 3+ years of experience working as an auditor for a Big 4 or Tier 2 public accounting firm, and an internal audit team of a $1B+ public company.
- Distribution, retail or entertainment industry experience preferred.
- Professional certification (or candidacy - CPA, CIA, or CISA)
- Knowledge of internal audit best practices, including The IIA Standards and Code of Ethics
- Experience with SOX planning and testing required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with data analysis tools such as ACL and Access.
- Experience documenting complex and variable processes utilizing tools such as Visio.
- Ability to manage priorities, work independently, and be an engaged, effective team member.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
Renting more than 3 billion discs to date, Redbox is America's destination for movies and video games. With 35,900 locations nationwide,...