The primary function of the Registered Nurse – Ortho/Neuro is to provide assessment and treatment of patients. Under the supervision of the Patient Care Manager, the Registered Nurse – Ortho/Neuro :
- Elicits a comprehensive medical history and completes the admission assessment
- Documents detailed information incorporating the plan of care, interventions and outcomes reflecting the patient’s physical, mental and emotional status
- Assesses the patient prior to administering medications noting allergies, parameters, potential side effects, effectiveness and intervening as needed
- Conducts walking rounds for shift report and introductory rounds with assigned patients at the beginning of the shift
- Assumes role of charge nurse demonstrating independent problem solving, decision making, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Attends to unit staffing needs in relation to acuity and census in a pro-active manner.
- Current and valid RN license in the State of CT
- BLS required
Norwalk Hospital - 7 months ago