Imagine being part of a team that is fundamentally changing the way people communicate, the way they collaborate, the way they watch TV and explore the universe through the internet. Utilizing our uniquely differentiated technology, we have created a Digital Optical Networking system with more speed, capacity and scalability than ever before. Imagine a world with unlimited bandwidth. The network of tomorrow will allow for content and creativity limited only by the imaginations of its users.
If this is something that interests you, that excites you, come take a look at a team not bound by large company obstacles and bureaucracy, where an idea today can be set in motion tomorrow. Come take a look at Infinera!
Infinera is disrupting the model for bandwidth availability and cost of optical communications through revolutionary device-to-system design and vertical integration from photonic devices through optical networking systems. This position will provide product design and product development leadership focused on Infinera optical line system product family.
Role Responsibility Summary:
This position will serve as the technical leader in optical line system development team. The individual will own the translation of system requirement to product architecture. From there they will create the individual line card design and specify components (elements) for our hardware and firmware engineering peers.
Full integration of said components along with line card performance and quality are the responsibility of the hired engineer. The person will perform design validation testing to verify the module function and the system performance, often times assisted by other engineers in the department. Finally, this engineer will serve as a mentor and role model for other departmental engineers.
The following requirements are expected for applicable candidates
- MS or PhD degree in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering , Applied Physics or related majors
- 6-10 years optical engineering development experience required.
- Familiar with standard industry design validation process and product life cycle
- Familiar with common optical functional blocks, such as WDM Mux/Demux, ROADM, EDFA and Raman Amplifier etc
- Familiar with optical communication system and its linear and nonlinear impairments and tradeoff, such as cross-talk, gain flatness, EDFA cascading, OSNR, chromatic dispersion, PMD, SPM, XPM, FWM etc
- Being able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good English communication skills
- Good people skill