JOB SUM M ARY
The St a ff Pharmacist position part i cipates i n the functi o ns of t he Clinical Help Des k , inc l uding high level pat i ent a nd do c tor interaction, pharmacist verification o f pre s criptions, and current and fu t ure clinical endeavors. The pharma c i st also assists in the PV 2 c h ec k pr o c ess in the Distribution C e nter a nd P A P pharmacy.
REPORTI N G RELAT I ONSH I PS
REQUIRE M ENTS
- This position r eports dir e ctly to the Clinical Help Desk M a n a ger.
- Issues specifically relating to the Clinical He l p Desk are to b e report e d to a nd ha n dled by the Clinical Help Desk Man a ger.
- There are no direct reports to this position; however, t h i s position gives day to day dir e ctions to the members of the Call C e nter, Order Entr y , C e nters of Excellence, and Distribution Center.
o Specializ e d skills to accep t , c h eck, and a n sw er questi o ns c oncern i ng pre s criptions. o Communicati o n skills to work effectively with all inte r nal a nd exte r nal customers. o Ability to maintain c o nstruct i ve working re l ationships wit h p a tients, fa m ilies,
- E ducat i on : Gr a duate from a n accr e dited College of Pharm a cy, with either a B a chelor of Pharmacy or Doctor of Phar m acy D e gree.
- Lic e ns i ng/Cer t ificati o n : S u c c essful complet i on of State B o ard Exam. Pha r macist License and Controlled Substance License in go o d st a nd i ng a nd maintenance of Sta t e Board o f Pha r macy conti n ui n g education credits as well as Disease M a nage m ent C o nti n uing Education Credits.
- Skills/ K nowl e d g e :
co‐workers, c o mmunity org a nizations, and phys i cians.
o Must be detail‐oriented a nd be able to m u l ti‐task.
o Stro n g phone and com p uter skills required.
o Friendly and caring demean o r is required.
o Ability to rec o gnize needs of and e x press c o ncern for peo p le.
o Be able to wor k well with various personalities and work as a team.
o Shou l d be org a nized a nd able to prioritize an d manage time effectively.
o Must be dep e ndable and maintain levels of confidentiality.
o General know l edge of Internet navig a tion a nd resea r ch, e ‐ mail, fax tran s mission, and
co p y e q uipm e nt are essential.
- Physical : Must have good vision and dexterity of h a nds an d fingers. M u s t be a b l e to st a nd, walk, cro u ch, stoop, ben d , climb, kneel, k e yboard and c a pable o f lifting up to 3 5 p o u n ds.
- Mental : A d van c e d math skills and the specialized abilities required of a pharmacist. C o mputer aptitude.
- Languag e : F l u e n c y in English with ou t g oing personality th a t translates t o pho n e skills with excellent verbal and written commun i cati o n skills.
- Tec h no l ogy : Proficient in Wi n dows based operating s yste m s and Microso f t Off i ce progr a ms includ i ng Outlook, Wor d , Ex c el, and Power P oint. Ability to work with eNav ™ and R x 30 d i spensing systems.
A climate controlled office and p h armac y envi ron m ent.
DUTIES & R ES P O N SIB I LITI E S
and non ‐ clinical (Call Log) r e cords as appr o priate.
- Con d uct clinical quali t y checks (P V 1 a nd PV 2) f or pre s criptions.
- Call physician’s offices for cla r ification o n an y orders or pr e scriptions written b y t he physician(s), provide clin i cal advice r e gard i ng medication treatments an d ob t ain a ny a nd all information to ensure eff i cient, a c c u r ate, and safe dispens i ng o f med i cat i ons to t he pat i ent.
- Counsel patient(s) o n all a s p e cts of their medication regi m en.
- Report adver s e events to the appr o priate collector (e . g. MedWa t ch, C e lgene) in a timely manner.
- Obta i n insurance authorizations when O r der E n try is un a ble (i.e. Peer to Peer review).
- Direct a ctivities of Call Cente r , O r der Ent r y, and Centers o f Excellence tea m members that relate to the Clinical Help Desk pr oc edures.
- Establish a nd maintain ef f ective professional relationships with prescr ib ers.
- Enfo r ce all Sta t e, F e deral, and local laws per t aining to d r ug dispensing and patie n t infor m ation as well as comp a ny policies and proc e dures.
- Complete qua l ity c o ntrol ch e ck o n pre s crip t ions ensuring al l policies, pr oc edures, and law s are followed.
- Take prescri p tion orders over the ph o ne fr o m physicians a nd patients.
- Provide patie n t‐specific c o nsultations such as clinical assessments or rescue program c onsults.
- Answer t he Cl i nical Help De s k p h one as soo n as possible.
- Utilize the ph o ne software p r ogram resp o n s i bly to ensure optimal customer service.
- Maintain app r opriate records and com p ut e r entry of prescriptions a nd patient information.
- Consistently do cu men t patie nt interv e ntions with ad e qu at e detail in bo t h clinical (Form 2 0 0 0 )
- Investigate an d solve insurance company d e nials if needed.
- Man a ge o per a t i onal and personnel issues w hen CO E manager or director is unavailable.
- Con d uct clinical assignments as ne e ded.
- Assist in the implementation of new managed care pre s criptions a nd other proje c ts as need e d.
- Other d u ties a nd responsibilities as assigned.