Antea USA Inc. is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented, staff level professional for our San Jose, CA office.
This safety-sensitive position reports to a project manager and will support project teams on a variety of project assignments including: Phase I and Phase II Environmental Assessment, soil and groundwater remediation activities, environmental and safety auditing, environmental compliance inspections, and health and safety assessments.
Tasks will include preparing work and health and safety plans, permitting with local and state government agencies, budget development, conducting soil and groundwater investigations and sampling, data entry in Microsoft Excel, management and analyses, and preparing a variety of reports in Microsoft Word.
Strong time and project task management skills are necessary. Knowledge of soil classification and soil properties, as well as an understanding of groundwater flow processes, is preferred. The selected individual will provide technical and safety oversight of field subcontractors, and prepare detailed and accurate reports within a given timeframe. The job will require working on job locations in remote areas across the western United States, particularly in California, for extended durations of time. The ideal candidate possesses the versatility to work with a diverse client base and a desire to expand their education/expertise to meet ever-changing client needs. Experience in environmental health and safety regulation and auditing is a plus.
Position is full-time with up to (75) % travel anticipated.
- BS in Geology / Hydrogeology / Engineering / Environmental Sciences
- Minimum of 0-2 years of applicable experience
- Strong mechanical, organizational, communication and technical writing skills
- Able to work independently and as a team member, with an attention to detail
- Ability to diligently track time on projects with respect to budget
- Comfortable speaking with government agencies, clients and stakeholders on sensitive subject matters
- Potential employees must pass a company-paid physical examination, pre-hire drug-screen and have a valid driver's license. Employees are subject to random drug testing throughout employment
- This position will require a 40-hour HAZWOPER OSHA certification. While current certification is desirable, it is not required to apply. HAZWOPER training will provided upon employment if the successful candidate(s) is/are not already certified.
In addition, Antea USA Inc. offers excellent benefits including paid vacation, paid holidays and paid sick leave.
Antea USA Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE
NO VISA SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME
Antea Group - 10 months ago