Community Reach Center, a top-tier mental health provider in the northern Denver area, and the designated mental health provider for anyone eligible for Medicaid in Adams County, Colorado.
We are seeking a Staff Psychiatrist to be part of our Medical Services Team. Our available opening may accommodate either a Full Time or Part Time personnel. Under limited supervision, provides direct, comprehensive psychiatric evaluations, treatment planning and medication management. Participates as a member of a treatment team at Community Reach Center, and assures clinicians receive appropriate psychiatric input.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide psychiatric assessment, pharmacological management; medication education, treatment planning and psychotherapy as assigned.
- Participate in the weekly physician On-Call rotation for 24-hour crisis team.
- Consults with clinicians, case managers and other program staff, and family members of consumers, for ongoing clinical needs and treatment plans.
- Provide leadership to the treatment team but acknowledges, supports and utilizes the skills, experience and knowledge of non-medical team members.
- Informs and educates other clinical staff in salient aspects of consumer health, interrelationship of psychosocial and medical problems as well as appropriate evidence based use of medication.
- Ensure that medical and psychiatric services provided meet prevailing professional standards.
Work experience requirements:
- Functions as a team member, giving and receiving feedback, using conflict resolution and problem-solving skills, and participating in program planning.
- Coordinates ongoing treatment and schedule with clinical supervisor, seeking appropriate support and direction.
- Coordinates and attends meetings as appropriate and as agreed upon with supervisor.
- Performs program duties or projects as assigned., including administrative duties
- Keeps up-to-date on current research and state-of-the-art knowledge regarding mental illness, especially psychopharmacology of major mental illness, according to prevailing standards from professional organizations and community.
ADDITIONAL AGENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Hold a MD or DO degree from an accredited allopathic or osteopathic medical school and have a DEA license.
- Completed one-year internship
- Completed three years of general psychiatry residency for adult psychiatrist
- Completed two years of child/adolescent psychiatry fellowship for child psychiatrist
- Board eligible or board certified
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Colorado or license eligible with license granted prior to beginning practice at Community Reach Center.
- Valid DEA license
- Ability to provide high quality clinical treatment in a managed care setting.
- CPR certificate every two years
- CPI Training, annually
- First aid certificate, every three years.
Community Reach Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Skill in differential assessment, especially of persons with: chronic mental illness, dual diagnosis, mental illness/developmental disabilities, mental illness/substance disorders and adult/older adults or children/adolescents
- Ability to work collaboratively with hospitals, courts, law enforcement and other community agencies and professionals.
- Ability to make difficult clinical decisions which are in the best interest of consumers and, at the same time, make the most appropriate use of available resources such as hospital beds and non-hospital alternatives.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.