The Counseling Center is seeking a talented, creative, and multiculturally competent colleague as a Staff Psychologist. Staff Psychologists provide psychological counseling and related services to students enrolled at BGSU and consult with faculty, staff, and other members of the University community regarding student concerns. Psychologists in the Counseling Center are actively engaged in the provision of training and supervision to pre-doctoral psychology interns, psychology trainees, and mental health counseling interns. This staff member will also be responsible for coordinating/overseeing the Counseling Center’s efforts in outreach to underserved groups on campus and members of those groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Conducts individual, couples and group counseling.
• Provides crisis intervention, walk-in services, emergency coverage, and postvention services.
• Conducts initial “consultation and assessment” sessions.
• Consults with faculty, staff, and other members of the University community—to facilitate their effective management of students’ mental health concerns.
• Participates in doing psycho-educational/outreach activities (e.g., class visits, workshops, psycho-educational presentations).
• Assumes leadership in coordinating the Counseling Center’s outreach to individuals from minority and underserved populations on the BGSU campus.
• May assume responsibility for staff supervision and clinical supervision of trainees (e.g., pre-doctoral interns, graduate assistants); participates in training of Center and University Staff.
• Participates in staff meetings in the Counseling Center (administrative and clinical consultation).
• Engages in ongoing case management (e.g., record keeping, correspondence, preparation, referrals, phone calls).
• Participates in professional development activities (e.g., reading, attending workshops and seminars).
• Miscellaneous office work.
This list of essential duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in working with clients from diverse backgrounds in the provision of clinical and outreach services.
• Demonstrated ability to develop working relationships with underrepresented student groups and related University offices and programs.
• Strong crisis intervention and consultation skills.
• Strong skills in the area of training and supervision.
• Strong program development skills.
• Strong counseling skills.
• Strong case management skills.
• Public speaking skill/ability.
• Ability to use e-mail for intra and interoffice communication.
PhD, PsyD or EdD in Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, or Counselor Education required. Eligible for licensure as a Psychologist in Ohio within six months of employment. One to two years of experience in psychological work which includes direct client contact of a clinical nature.
Strong preference given to applicants who possess the following qualifications:
• Demonstrated expertise in multicultural counseling, outreach, and programming.
• Current qualifications for licensure as a psychologist in the State of Ohio.
• Experience in the provision of clinical supervision to pre-doctoral interns.
• University Counseling Center experience.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative pay grade 357. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available. For more information on administrative pay grades and ranges click HERE
Bowling Green State University - 13 months ago