Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation.
Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized on Fortune's “100 Best Companies To Work For” and at the top of Fortune World’s “Most Admired Software Companies.”
Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that change the financial lives of more than 50 million personal users, seven million small businesses, and over 1,800 financial institutions and their millions of customers worldwide.
Combining organic growth with strategic partnerships, Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with products and services that are revolutionizing the industry.
Our 8,000 entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market -- from QuickBooks®, Quicken®, and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, Intuit Healthcare Solutions, big data, SaaS, PaaS and mobile apps.
The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Global Enterprise Solutions (GES)
runs the technology infrastructure that Intuit uses to perform all its business transactions. This includes the systems used to run our business operations and the infrastructure where all our customer-facing applications are hosted. We enable customers to shop, buy and use our products and services across multiple channels. We make sure we successfully pay employees and close our financial books each month. And we're focused on ensuring an awesome customer experience by providing online offerings that are always on.
Our primary focus is toward supporting development and delivery of J2EE applications served by JBoss on a Linux platform. We have adopted Maven as the build and configuration standard and created a set of innovative processes to help engineering teams deliver new releases at the fastest possible speed with limited attention from the SCM engineers. In order to support this system, you will use your expertise with Maven, Perl, Bash, Linux, JBoss, Perforce, Nexus, and Jenkins.
- Own the SCM architecture for all product offerings.
- Define high level technology strategies, best practices, processes and tools, guidelines and standards that balance short and long term objectives in a practical Operate with a team of architects and interact with Product Management, Engineering/QA, and Operations.
- Work with business leaders to understand business requirements and help them understand how technology tradeoffs influence strategy.
- Implement consistent branch, build and deployment approaches, with a focus on automation, in support of complex product offerings requiring multiple, versioned releases.
- Drive planning and architecture roadmap creation.
- Provide passionate and innovative leadership to the entire organization.
- As a key member of a dynamic organization, you will participate in creation of a state of the art release process automation system with impact across numerous Intuit products. You will partner with several internal groups and use your knowledge of SCM best practices to support operations of the Software Configuration Management Engineering team. You will address each of the following areas:
• Execute day to day build and deploy activities
• Design and implement scripted automation
• Define SCM processes
• Develop SCM plans and implementation strategy
• Maintain and administer SCM tools and server infrastructure
• Provide user support for Perforce and Subversion
• Maintain accurate and complete documentation
• Enable delivery of error-free services
• Update and adopt procedures to changing needs
• Negotiate and enforce software promotion criteria
• Collaborate with product engineering on software construction & delivery
• Collaborate on automated test solutions implementation
• Participate in process audits
• Evangelize your awareness of industry practices and best of breed tools
This position requires a self driven SCM engineer experienced in supporting large development groups working on a J2EE/Linux platform. Specifically, your desire to refine and simplify SCM support processes in order to enable total automation will be particularly useful.
Discover what it’s like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It’s time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at:
Intuit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- MSCS (preferred), BSCS or equivalent with at least 10 + years of software development experience.
- 8+ years of SCM experience (build, deploy, install, source control, SDLC, etc.) in large business environments; financial industry experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of industry standard configuration management best practice.
- Knowledge and experience deploying complex J2EE applications.
- "Self-starter" attitude and the ability to make decisions independently.
- An effective communicator, able to clearly articulate ideas and inspire others for action.
- Key Skills:
• SCM automation
• SCM process development
• SCM best practices
• SCM tools knowledge: Version Control, Build Servers, Issue Management
- Programming/OS/Tools: Strong
• 5+ years of experience in programming languages (Java, C/C++, Perl, Shell Script)
• 4+ years of experience in Unix/Linux (experience in Windows is a add-on)
• 3+ yrs of experience in Open Source Tools: Maven, Sonar, Jenkins, Nexus, etc
• 3+ yrs of experience in version control systems (perforce preferred)
- Strong experience in handling all build and packaging challenges
- In-depth system experience and strong de-bugging skill
- Strong O/S administration skills (Linux VMs)
- Soft Skills: Strong
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Previous experience in working with/supporting global teams (preferred)
• Effective communication and presentation skills
• Self Starter with influential skills
Be yourself. Be Intuit.
United States of America-California-Menlo Park
Intuit - 2 years ago
Intuit: Going Beyond Innovation
As the world evolves, so do we. Yet we remain driven by our passion for inventing solutions to solve...