STAFF SCIENTIST, TRANSLATIONAL MEDICINE
The Staff Scientist will work collaboratively to analyze the cancer genome and identify biomarkers, drug targets and patient cohorts to support the discovery and development of cancer therapeutics.
· Support scientific interactions with customers and partners to ensure mutual success
· Support collaboration and innovation from the Translational Medicine team
· Partner with bioinformatics colleagues to develop and assess bioinformatics strategies
· Support the development of scientific presentations for scientific conferences and publications
· May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
PhD and/or MD in relevant field required
· Requires 3 years of relevant post-graduate experience in translational medicine related field
· Requires experience analyzing cancer genomics data
· Requires academic training in fields related to cancer biology and evidence of basic understanding of tumor biology and oncogenic signaling pathways
· Proven scientific accomplishments exemplified by lead author publications in high impact trade journals and/or significant contributions to industry programs
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively
· Requires ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English language
· Basic understanding of common statistical approaches used with genomic data preferred
Works in an office environment
This position is eligible for relocation benefits
Life Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
To apply for this position, please visit the Life Technologies web site and search for this posting by the Auto req ID or by City: Ann Arbor
Life Technologies is a global biotechnology tools company providing premier systems, consumables, and services for scientific researchers...