There is no greater calling or opportunity for a fluid management company than today’s challenge – helping customers protect people, the environment and our natural resources. Together we are implementing technologies that purify and conserve water, consume less energy, make alternative energy sources possible and practical, advance medicine and minimize emissions and waste. Our collective efforts are enabling a greener more sustainable future.
Pall is a Fortune 1000 materials science and engineering company with the broadest filtration, separation and purification capabilities in the world. Our process and product enabling technologies help our customers make good products better, safer and even possible. We provide innovative products to customers in health care, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, municipal drinking water, aerospace and industrial manufacturing markets.
Headquartered in Long Island, NY, Pall has operations in every major country.
Staff Scientist – Center of Excellence in New Port Richey, FL
Staff Scientist, dealing with contamination control and filtration technology for Aerospace fluid systems such as aircraft hydraulic systems, cabin air and environmental control systems, pneumatic systems, engine inlet air, engine lube and fuel systems, and helicopter transmission lube systems.
Provide SLS technical support and technology leadership for the Aerospace group, executing projects/programs with respect to contamination control and filtration/separations technology related to Aerospace fluid systems. The Staff Scientist will work closely with Sales/Marketing, Engineering and R&D on contamination control and filtration technology.
Project Management Skills
- Ability to integrate contamination control and filtration/separation technology into the fluid systems to reduce system component wear and/or other detrimental effects.
- Ability to review customer fluid systems and develop requirements or specifications for filtration technology for the fluid systems, in conjunction with Engineering and R&D.
- Ability to coordinate and, if necessary, conduct in-house laboratory testing or field testing in connection with the projects/programs.
Technology Development and Interface with R&D and Engineering
- Take on project management responsibilities as a driver for the program. A high level of drive, initiative and independence is required.
- Liaise with customers, and work with customers' Engineering, R&D and other technical personnel on fluid system optimization with respect to contamination control and filtration/separation processes. Should be able to represent Pall technically at a high level with customers and the Aerospace industry standards committees.
- Maintain constant communication with Sales/Marketing, Engineering and R&D on customer support projects as to project objectives and testing status.
- Interface with the SLS laboratories and coordinate laboratory work in connection with projects/programs.
- Compose high level SLS technical reports for the projects/programs for submission to customers (both external and internal).
- Very strong interpersonal skills required for interfacing with external customers, and within Pall with Sales, Marketing, R&D, Engineering and Quality Assurance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and presentation skills, required for presenting at customers and internal Pall meetings, and for composing SLS technical reports and technical papers or publication in industry journals.
Technical Marketing and Interface with Sales/Marketing
- Participate in Engineering teams for developing appropriate filtration for customer applications, and provide expertise on product performance specifications, qualification test procedures (QTPs) and coordinate product validation testing
- Participate in focus teams for new technology/product development as the representative for the Scientific & Laboratory Services Department, providing input for product performance requirements, based on knowledge of the application. Will be responsible for product performance testing/claims.
- On occasion act as the focus team leader, driving the program and coordinating multi-disciplinary activities.
- Interface with Marketing/Sales in developing technical strategies and marketing positions for products and technologies.
- Participate in appropriate technical societies, such as SAE and ISO, dealing with Aerospace fluid systems, representing Pall. Will be responsible for sponsoring technical standards related to filter performance testing and contamination control, and providing leadership from Pall to the industry.
- Write technical papers for general publication/presentation at technical conferences and meetings.
Ph.D. (preferred) or MS in Aeronautical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or Chemistry.
3+ years of experience in the Aerospace industry, especially Aerospace fluid systems or filtration technology a definite plus.
Demonstrated experience in technical support and technology leadership for filtration contamination control for the Aerospace industry, project management, environmental control systems, pneumatic, hydraulic, aircraft engine air inlet, fuel systems, and helicopter transmission lube systems, technical standards and performance testing.
Proven customer relationship management, cross functional working in geographically dispersed teams, thought leadership and new technology/product development.
Travel requirements up to 30 %.
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive array of benefits, and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals.
To apply for this position please visit our site at www.pall.com and go to the careers section.
The tracking code for this is CG-130205142839.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pall Corporation is committed to equal opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran's status or any other personal trait protected by federal, state or local law.
Pall Corporation - 9 months ago
With operations around the globe, Pall is not small. The company operates two businesses globally: Life Sciences and Industrial. The Life...