Staff Serious Games Developer
The Virtual Heroes Division of Applied Research Associates in Raleigh, North Carolina is looking for dedicated, hard-working programmers with a passion for using game technology to develop state-of-the-art training applications. Ideal candidates will have broad programming experience on several published/deployed projects. Candidates must serve multiple projects simultaneously with agility, poise, and focus. New hires will be based in Raleigh, North Carolina and perform development spanning several projects for a variety of customers in the military, health/medical, education, and commercial markets.
- A passion for using state-of-the-art game technology to rapidly prototype systems and produce finished products with quick turnaround times and tight deadlines.
- Strong C++ programming skills and demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Ability to quickly understand existing code and enhance and build on an existing architecture.
- Strong math skills and solid understanding of algorithm design and optimization.
- Experience with Adobe Flash and ActionScript 3.
- Ability to work constructively with artists, designers, QA staff, programmers, and producers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.) with 2+ years’ experience, or MS degree. Equivalent professional experience will be considered for talented candidates without degree.
Preference to applicants with one or more of the following:
- Exceptional Unreal Engine (2.5 or 3.0) programming skills and a broad understanding of Unreal development tradeoffs from technical, artistic, and design standpoints.
- Experience performing technical support and answering technical questions for licensees of a large and complex codebase.
- Experience developing multiplayer game/training applications.
- Experience writing technical design documentation. Experience with hardware and/or library integration with an existing codebase.
- Experience on mobile platform development (iOS, Android).
- Experience with modern 3D rendering techniques (Shaders, Lighting, HLSL etc.).
- Experience developing desktop applications using C# and .NET.
- Experience architecting large software systems.
Additional company information:
The Virtual Heroes Division of Applied Research Associates creates collaborative interactive learning solutions for the healthcare, federal systems, and corporate training markets. Advanced Learning Technologies (ALT) leverage simulation learning and digital games-based learning paradigms to accelerate learning, increase user proficiency, and reduce training costs.
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over twelve-hundred professionals and is rapidly growing. Our culture supports our exceptional staff of valued employees and encourages professional growth through continued higher education, participation and publication at technical conferences, and membership in professional organizations. As an ARA employee you are encouraged to generate new ideas and bring those ideas to life. ARA offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including stock ownership, medical and dental coverage, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, a 401(k) profit-sharing plan, and annual bonuses. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please visit our website at http://www.ara.com .
ARA is an EEO/AA employer.
Applied Research Associates, Inc - 7 months ago