As a Staff Engineer in content search team, you will be one of the lead engineers in developing and enhancing cutting edge content search service layer, providing great quality, reliable and high performance for our users. Our goal is to take Telenav’s search capabilities to the next level by marrying unique local content to social and behavioral data to produce the best local search and discovery solution on the market! For Telenav, Search isn’t “just a search box” – it’s a unique experience that marries traditional search to personalized recommendations, social signals and key information proactively surfaced before you ever thought to search for it! Join us in shaping a new path in local search!
Development of this content search service will test the greatest of your abilities – information retrieval, Java, algorithms, data structures, database, performance/scalability, working with massive data sets, dynamic data and supporting massive parallelism to support large volume concurrent user requests. You will work with the Product Manager/Architect to refine the next generation features and capabilities of the product, define the technical scope of the project and keep a sharp focus on delivery schedules while having an eye on longer-term goals.
- 7+ years of direct hands-on design and development experience in Java and J2EE is a must.
- Development experience with Search technologies e.g SOLR and/or Lucene is a huge plus.
- Proven experience in design skills - object oriented methodologies, UML modeling, design patterns, systems analysis.
- Proven experience in building large-scale, massive distributed, cloud-based, extremely high volume mission-critical applications and systems.
- Experience in defining clean, crystal clear interfaces/API using WebServices Technology (REST, SOAP etc).
- Experience in machine learning algorithms, data mining, big data, Hadoop, Map Reduce, Hive, Cascading is a huge plus.
- Interest in indexing technologies, information retrieval, query languages, query processing, query optimization, concurrency, algorithms.
- Comprehensive understanding of different business domains – internet search, local search, online advertising, mobile applications.
- Superior communication skills in writing technical documentation and communicating designs.
- Proven ability to mentor engineers, influence engineering peers and management.
Telenav is a leader in personalized navigation. More than 26 million* people worldwide already connect with our services from mobile phones, tablets, computers, cars, and developer applications. Our personalized navigation services help people make faster and smarter daily decisions about where to go, when to leave, how to get there, and what to do when they arrive. Telenav GPS is a leading navigation app in the iTunes store and at CES 2012 Telenav announced Scout™, the first daily personal navigator that is accessible on the Web at www.scout.me , on smartphones, and in cars. Our partners are wireless carriers, automobile manufacturers and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), app developers, advertisers and agencies, as well as enterprises large and small.
Our mission is simple: help make people’s lives less stressful, more productive and more fun when they are on the go. Our personalized...