If you were given the opportunity to paint the future of ecommerce on a canvas of over 1 billion consumers and had the strength of the Fortune 1 Company behind you, what would it look like?
@WalmartLabs, Silicon Valley’s newest development lab, we’re working on this exact challenge. Our mission is simple: innovate on retail with new technologies to revolutionize how Walmart approaches digital commerce.
We are a team of platform, application engineers, scientists and product visionaries all working together to design, prototype and build technology-driven products and experiences that will change the future landscape of ecommerce. We are focused on building the global service layer that will enable the end-to-end customer experience, from finding the product to delivering it to the customer. This will span many markets, business models and form factors; therefore, we are looking for engineers who will bring not only an abundance of experiences in technologies, but an abundant curiosity to innovate.
Come join an organization where you'll get to work as part of a world-class team, solve problems that are at a scale few can create, and get to build products that are only bound by the scope of your imagination. We are a high-performance team looking for others who will challenge us to become even better: come be the newest member of the @WalmartLabs team!!
- Help invent the next generation of ecommerce
- Work with world-class technologiest and product visionaries as a contributing member of the @WalmartLabs core engineering team
- Work with Java and other related technologies to design and develop robust high-performance and scalable applications for use within the @Services and @Platform product ecosystem
- Develop applications that will be leveraged on various media including web and mobile platforms
- Help the team leverage and contribute to open source software whenever possible (Cassandra, Apache, Camel, etc.)
- Be responsible for laying the foundation for Walmart’s future global platform as well as proposing solutions to ease software development and monitoring of software, etc
- Be excited about making an immediate impact on a global scale
- Develops innovation strategies, processes, and best practices in an Agile environment
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Leads and participates in medium-to-large scale, complex, cross functional projects
- Leads the work of other small groups of 3-5 engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned engineering projects
- Creates and maintains a high-performing, Agile team environment
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Utilizes industry research to improve Walmart’s technology environment
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 8+ years’ experience in a development or architectural leadership role in a web-based J2EE product organization
- Experience leading teams through the full life-cycle of software development through design, development, quality and deployment
- Experience at leading teams with both onshore and offshore team members
- Experience with service oriented open source technologies: Apache Camel, Drools, REST, Web-Services
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in Agile Methodology
- Experience with RDBMS, ORM, Web Services
- Experience with NoSQL technologies desirable
- Prior experience with commercial shipping applications or SaaS offerings
Staff Software Engineer
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation that runs...