Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems are found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world and produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. Hospital laboratories are our core clinical diagnostic customers. Our life science customers include pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, universities, medical schools and research institutions. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on six continents. For more than 75 years, our products have been making a difference in people’s lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Position: Experienced software verification engineer to participate in the test
planning, development and execution for the DxN project in Molecular Diagnostics Business Unit.
- Design, develop and execute advanced test protocols and procedures from requirements, implementing innovative and effective test designs and assuring appropriate test coverage
- Identify opportunities for test automation; design and develop automated test
test procedures and determine root causes for failures
- Prepare and ensure appropriate documentation as required by internal product development process and regulatory agencies such as FDA and ISO
- Interpret and evaluate test results
- Collaborate with distributed, cross-functional teams to develop appropriate
project team, including quality metrics
- Coordinate the introduction of methods, tools, technologies and processes with the
subsystems, including functional specifications and technical reviews
- Actively participate in technical decisions affecting product modules and/or
Engineering, Systems Engineering or equivalent. Advanced degree and relevant
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer
certifications are a plus
execution of test cases, protocols and procedures for
- Bachelors with 9+ years or Masters with 7+ years experience in software lifecycle activities, preferably in a regulated product development environment
- 7+ years experience in software testing, including design, development and
application, instrument control and embedded software from requirements; additional experience with networked software and database applications a plus
documentation required for regulated products, preferably medical devices
- Experience participating in software verification activities and creating test
- Experience with automated test methods and tools. Experience writing automated test scripts
- Experience with the requirements management tools such as Cockpit is a plus
- Excellent teamwork skills and communication skills to interface with cross-functional and distributed teams
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
Danaher is a diversified technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our portfolio of premier brands is among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. Danaher's portfolio is comprised of five reporting segments: Test & Measurement; Environmental; Life Sciences & Diagnostics; Dental; and Industrial Technologies. Driven by a foundation provided by the Danaher Business System, Danaher's 48,000 associates serve customers in more than 125 countries and generated $13.2 billion of revenue in 2010.
Research and Development / Scientific
North America-United States-MN-Chaska
Danaher - 22 months ago