Our leading big data startup client needs a staff Senior Technical Writer to help create programmer reference manuals for developers of Hadoop applications.
You’ll create clear, comprehensive, well-organized SDK and API reference documentation – including code samples – for Hadoop running on Linux. In addition, you’ll write and maintain accurate and accessible installation, configuration, and administration documentation for a web-based Hadoop deployment console.
You’ll work onsite in San Francisco or Palo Alto – your choice – creating API reference content as well as documenting the toolkit necessary to customize Hadoop-based big data solutions. You’ll need to work hands-on with the products, write (simple) code examples, and author plausible use-case documentation that makes Hadoop easier to manage.
Culturally, this is a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment staffed with accomplished, autonomous, senior-level technical writers who enjoy tremendous respect from their Engineering department colleagues. It’s less manic than most such environments, and the financial upside is high; this company is very well-funded, offers promising pre-IPO stock options, and has a solid head start on its rivals.
The ideal candidate for this position has substantial software developer reference writing experience, and in particular has documented Java applications, working hands-on with Linux and source control systems (like GitHub), and administering typical IT or data cluster-related tasks.
This is a staff job involving full-time (40 hours/week), onsite work in San Francisco or Palo Alto. You’ll receive a very competitive salary along with full benefits, pre-IPO stock options, and performance bonuses.
- Experience writing software development kit (SDK) documentation, API references (especially for Java applications), code samples, and use-case documentation for developers
- Experience writing installation guides, user guides, system administrator guides, or run books for technical audiences such as developers, system administrators, or data cluster operators
- Hands-on experience using Linux (especially Red Hat Enterprise, Ubuntu, or SUSE)
- Experience using GitHub or other source control system
- Understanding of typical IT or data cluster job tasks – or better yet, experience doing them
- Sharable, relevant writing samples and reachable references
- Full-time availability
- Ability to work in either San Francisco or Palo Alto, CA (traveling at your own expense)
To apply :
- Understanding of the open source business model
- Experience working with Hadoop or Hadoop-related projects
- Background using a XML-based editor and DITA for writing and delivering documentation
- Proven ability to thrive in an Agile-style development environment
Please visit contentrules.com/apply , citing “SBA-341″ in the Job Code field.
Note : Content Rules has many content-development opportunities with SF Bay Area technology companies. Visit www.contentrules.com/jobs for details.
Content Rules - 18 months ago